Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Delays in NonImmigrant Visa processing in London?

Delays in NonImmigrant Visa processing in London?

Old Dec 7th 2015, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

leecz is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Delays in NonImmigrant Visa processing in London?

Hi Everyone,

I applied and was approved for a Nonimmigrant O1 Visa on Monday 30 November 2015, and left my passport with the Embassy. CO told me passport will be ready for collection in 5 working days. My case in CEAC only changed from 'Ready' to 'Administrative Processing' on Friday 4 December 2015 after sitting in 'Ready' for 3 days after interview, and today 7 December, it did not even get touched at all.

Of the last 6 working days, case has only been touched once. Is this normal? I know it goes into AP for a while before Issued, I'm more concerned it is hardly getting looked at, at all. My case has only been updated once on 4 Dec.

Anyone else currently waiting for their Visas experiencing the same relatively slow situation?

Extremely worried and panicking at the moment, as I've got a very sick family member outside the UK (not the US) and hoping to fly out to visit soon... will need passport for that

Last edited by leecz; Dec 7th 2015 at 8:13 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2015, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Sliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in NonImmigrant Visa processing in London?

Our passports arrived at the embassy Friday Nov 27th for visa issuance, today ( 7 work days) the status is Visa Issued but we haven't heard from a courier so no idea if that means the visas really have been issued. It does seem slow.
Old Dec 7th 2015, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond repute

I empathize with you both! We are waiting for my Step-Son's (family based) Visa. His interview was Friday 4th (Approved) and his GF and Brother are flying out to be with us (in Florida) on the 11th, while he has to wait until his Visa is delivered.

Fingers crossed they show up soon!
Old Dec 7th 2015, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Sliv & Mikechristina.

Did your cases get touched on a daily basis or were there days when it just sat there? Sliv, how long did yours stay in AP?

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
Old Dec 7th 2015, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Sliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond repute

Status stayed AP but the date did get updated on 2nd Dec when they requested a form they were missing (I submitted immediately) then nothing until today where it's now Visa Issued, but no email or anything, just a status change.
Old Dec 7th 2015, 9:04 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Over the time I have been a member of BE the issuance of a visa can be anywhere from 2 - 21 days. Usually it is quick but delays do happen.
Old Dec 7th 2015, 10:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leecz
Is this normal?
Usually they're not touched at all.

I'm more concerned it is hardly getting looked at, at all.
It is hardly getting looked at. In fact, you don't want people looking at it... you want them working on it. It is being worked on - the proof of which is that you're now in admin processing.

Extremely worried and panicking at the moment...
Don't worry or panic... things are moving as they do! A week is nothing!

I've got a very sick family member outside the UK (not the US) and hoping to fly out to visit soon... will need passport for that
Sorry to hear that your family member is ill - but the anxiety you're displaying about getting the visa isn't helping you or anyone else!

Ian
Old Dec 7th 2015, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sliv & Mikechristina.

Did your cases get touched on a daily basis or were there days when it just sat there? Sliv, how long did yours stay in AP?
Since his appointment was just this past Friday 4th, and I assume the government doesn't work over the weekend. The Case status shows Admin Processing. I don't understand what you mean by "touched"
Old Dec 7th 2015, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

It is hardly getting looked at. In fact, you don't want people looking at it... you want them working on it. It is being worked on - the proof of which is that you're now in admin processing.

Don't worry or panic... things are moving as they do! A week is nothing!

Ian
Listen to this wise man..panicking won't help. In 2011, it took 3 days from Visa Approval to Courier delivery, but Petrol used to cost 50 cents a gallon.
Old Dec 8th 2015, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

LonelyCloud has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyCloud has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyCloud has a spectacular aura about

Don't forget that the embassy would also have been closed for Thanksgiving and probably only had a skeleton staff working on Friday, so this would probably cause a knock on effect which takes a few weeks to get back to normal.
Old Dec 8th 2015, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Thanks everyone for your replies. A new day and a fresh chance to have it change to issued.

Any idea what time of day does the Embassy in London update CEAC? does it usually happen in the afternoon or could also happen in the morning around this time?

Just wanted to know a rough estimate rather then feel compelled to check every half hour. Will help me manage expectations...
Old Dec 8th 2015, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Just to let you know today we have emails from the embassy to say passports with courier and the courier says to pick up tomorrow. So 8 work days for embassy to send passports and a day extra for courier.

Hope yours comes soon
Old Dec 8th 2015, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sliv
Just to let you know today we have emails from the embassy to say passports with courier and the courier says to pick up tomorrow. So 8 work days for embassy to send passports and a day extra for courier.

Hope yours comes soon
Awesome News Sliv!

Old Dec 8th 2015, 6:09 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Any idea what time of day does the Embassy in London update CEAC?
Whenever the guy who updates the web site gets around to it. It's an imperfect system, and you really do yourself a disservice trying to make sense out of it.

Will help me manage expectations...
If you truly want to help manage your expectations, step away from the computer and let nature take its course! Otherwise, all you're doing is lying to yourself.

Ian
Old Dec 9th 2015, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

My Son's Passport was Issued today (which means it was printed) fingers crossed DX Couriers are on top of their game :P

Interview - Friday, Dec 4th
Visa Printed - Friday, Dec 9th

Maybe an important note (and I could be incorrect) but is seems like IV and Non-IV have some variances in Timescales.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.