Wikiposts

Delay Immigrant Visa by choice?

Old Apr 8th 2011, 2:39 am
Is Female

gnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Delay Immigrant Visa by choice?

I would like to add to this, as my situation has/might change dramatically.

I sent my ds-230 with all original documents two weeks ago.

If I do not do my medical, and delay sending in the Ds-2001, how long can I delay it for with the embassy in london?

My circumstances might mean I cannot go until july 2012, so as long as I have my visa by february 2012 I should be ok.

any advice would be great. thank you.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 5:25 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delay Immigrant Visa by choice?

Originally Posted by gnasher12
If I do not do my medical, and delay sending in the Ds-2001, how long can I delay it for with the embassy in london?
I believe you have up to one year at each stage of the process to respond. While most people want to do things as fast as possible, you are very much in control when you deliberately want to slow things down.

Ian