Wikiposts

Damn Form Filling - Help!

Old Nov 19th 2003, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of
Default Damn Form Filling - Help!

OK... it's one of those days!

I've been sitting here now for a couple of hours, trying to provide answers to the questions on the Addendum form that Providence asked me to complete for my I-131 (Advance Parole)

It is all but complete BUT...

... I am having a real blank on how to answer the following questions:

5) Please Check One: Immigrant Visa Petition Filed By:
- Spouse
- Parent
- Son/Daughter
- Employer

10) What was your status when you filed for residency?

I filed for my AOS on 30 Oct 03, after entering on a K1. I guess this form is used for all kinds of applicants (K1, K3, etc) and I am questioning whether these questions actually apply to me. For instance, the form also asks "Date of your residency interview" to which I have answered "Not Yet Known".

I am hoping that what is currently eluding me will be blatently obvious to someone else - please help!
Old Nov 19th 2003, 7:38 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Damn Form Filling - Help!

bump
^
^
^
^
Originally posted by Karen D

I've been sitting here now for a couple of hours, trying to provide answers to the questions on the Addendum form that Providence asked me to complete for my I-131 (Advance Parole)

- Spouse
- Parent
- Son/Daughter
- Employer

I filed for my AOS on 30 Oct 03, after entering on a K1. I guess this form is used for all kinds of applicants (K1, K3, etc) and I am questioning whether these questions actually apply to me. For instance, the form also asks "Date of your residency interview" to which I have answered "Not Yet Known".

I am hoping that what is currently eluding me will be blatently obvious to someone else - please help!
Old Nov 19th 2003, 8:18 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

- Spouse
- Parent
- Son/Daughter
- Employer

10) What was your status when you filed for residency?[/color]
Karen,

I have never seen the AP forms, but question 5 really confuses me because a fiance visa is nonimmigrant!

When you filed for PR, what did you put on the form where it asked for your status? That might be the answer for #10. I think Cory put "pending adjustment of status," but I'd have to check (it's at home).

Anyone out there who can help Karen?

Juliet
Old Nov 19th 2003, 8:21 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hee hee hee

Obviously not us two.

Originally posted by jcapulet
Karen,

I have never seen the AP forms, but question 5 really confuses me because a fiance visa is nonimmigrant!

When you filed for PR, what did you put on the form where it asked for your status? That might be the answer for #10. I think Cory put "pending adjustment of status," but I'd have to check (it's at home).

Juliet
Old Nov 19th 2003, 8:26 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hee hee hee

Obviously not us two.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Originally posted by jcapulet
Thanks Leslie & Juliet!

I have already completed the AP form, the one I have in front of me now is the Addendum to I-131, *sigh*.
I think it is because the fiance visa is a nonimmigrant that I am also getting confused

Where's Matthew Udall when you need him, he's familiar with this Addendum thingy
I think I am beyond help
Old Nov 19th 2003, 8:49 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

- Spouse
- Parent
- Son/Daughter
- Employer

I have not seen this form. But for #5 I would put in "none. K-1 petition filed by spouse prior to marriage"

For #10 -- K-1 would seem to be just fine.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 8:57 am
WTF?

Give that man a cigar.

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
I have not seen this form. But for #5 I would put in "none. K-1 petition filed by spouse prior to marriage"

For #10 -- K-1 would seem to be just fine.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 10:17 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

- Spouse
- Parent
- Son/Daughter
- Employer

When I completed Jim's I put "Spouse" and for "K-1" He had two of them and guess that was correct.

I put "unknown"

Old Nov 19th 2003, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for your help everyone, I'll be sending it off today