Customer Service, HA!

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 8:20 am
Linda

Rather than loosing more sleep and living the jitters, I decided to call the NCSC 800
number about my husband's AOS. I expected that they'd be able to access some type of
status info. No such deal... they "can't view the files" and the best they can do is enter
a request for staus report into the computer for me, and I can expect a mailed report in
3-4 weeks. I doubt that... but I requested it anyway. Last time we wrote directly to the
local office (after waiting two years, but not wanting to make waves... they warned us at
the start that checking status only slows things down) and 4 months later we get a form
with a box checked by " case is pending further review." Phoo this is the hardest thing
I've ever been a part of. Linda

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 8:41 am
catzmeow

Just curious, where are you doing AOS?

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
> Rather than loosing more sleep and living the jitters, I decided to
call
> the NCSC 800 number about my husband's AOS. I expected that they'd be able to access
> some type of status info. No such deal... they "can't view the files" and the best
> they can do
is
> enter a request for staus report into the computer for me, and I can expect a mailed
> report in 3-4 weeks. I doubt that... but I requested
it
> anyway. Last time we wrote directly to the local office (after
waiting
> two years, but not wanting to make waves... they warned us at the
start
> that checking status only slows things down) and 4 months later we
get
> a form with a box checked by " case is pending further review." Phoo this is the
> hardest thing I've ever been a part of. Linda

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 9:51 am
Linda

AOS in Chicago... applied with I-130 and AOS In June of 98. Interview in April of 2000,
(22 months) they required additional utility bills and bank statements... it's now 10
months later. We were told at the interview it would only be a few weeks more after they
received our mailing. Now they have had us do a new set of fingerprints last month (that's
all they asked for) and demanded that they be received by 1/30. They were done on 1/11 and
the mailed proof was received at the Chicago office on 1/18. Why the rush and wait
tactics, I don't know. Linda

catzmeow wrote:

> Just curious, where are you doing AOS?
>
> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
> > Rather than loosing more sleep and living the jitters, I decided to
> call
> > the NCSC 800 number about my husband's AOS. I expected that they'd be able to access
> > some type of status info. No such deal...