Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Current Date/Interview Date confusion (DV2001)

Current Date/Interview Date confusion (DV2001)

Old Apr 16th 2001, 7:16 am
DV-Winner

Hi guys...thanks in advance for your help. I have been waiting for number to become
current and it finally did June visa bulletin (number 31) (I am 2001AF18xxx). So, the
number just became current in June. My understanding was that if the number became
current in June, then I should expect an interview date sometime in June. I called
NVC this afternoon and the lady was very confusing to me. She asked me to call back
early JUNE!!! She said I might have interview date in August!!! When I asked her if
that means i will NOT have interview in June, she said she does not know!!. It does
not make sense to me because what will be the case for those who become current in
August and September? do they interview them in October and November? (of course
not). Do they interview June, July and August in August? I am very confused. I was
planning to make travel arrangements to my home country and now I have no clue. I
thank everybody for their opinion! thanks alot ...