Wikiposts

Cuba Interview Scheduled!

Old May 8th 2001, 6:45 am
elisha

Here is some info for Cuban K1'ers- My fiance has had no luck getting thru to the US
Interest Section (which serves as a US consulate) in Havana for several weeks via
telephone. A Cuban can not simply walk into the US Interest Section, so it has been
frustrating trying to get his interview setup. On Friday afternoon in desperation I
emailed the US consule general in Havana asking if it was possible to set up the
interview via email and I could then call my fiance with the info. I had an email
reply within the hour from the chief of the visa department saying that on Monday his
staff would try to reach my fiance to setup an interview time, and if they were not
successfull someone would email me with the info. I received an email today saying
that yesterday a telegram was sent to my fiance with an interview date of May 21st,
just two weeks away. They also warned me that telegrams don't always arrive, and that
I should call and let him know the date. Our baby is due the end of July, so with
luck he will be here well before hand. Our time line: Petition Sent: Nov 27, Approved
Dec 27, Packet 3 picked up from USIS on March 1, (never received in mail), Interview
scheduled May 21st. I recommend that the USC go to Havana and pick up the packet 3
info in person if at all possible. The consulate had us wait 3 weeks after it was
mailed out before my fiance could call to request an appointment to pick it up, and
when he did call they had him wait another 2 weeks and call again, and then I finally
called and they set an appointment for a week after that. Elisha