CSC phones

Old May 24th 2001, 11:59 am
Tommy

Hi everyone,

I mailed in my 129F on April 17, 2001 and have yet to receive my first NOA. Anyone
have similar problems? Also, I have been trying to call, but the phone is ALWAYS busy
during business hours. Any insight?

Thanks!

Old May 24th 2001, 12:22 pm
Richard Coel

Boy Howdy!

I am having the same exact problem. CSC received my k-1 petition on April 19th. I
have not received first NOA and my check has not been cashed. I gave up on trying
to call them as the line is always busy. Last week I contacted my congressman's
office. They faxed an inquiry to CSC and received a response next day. From what
CSC told the Congressman's office, it is taking approx. 30 days to get the
information into the computer. Only then will the check be processed and the first
NOA mailed. Today marks five weeks, so I think we should be hearing from them soon.
I have found that the most difficult thing is not knowing if the application has
been lost at CSC. The thought of a possible 2-month delay to be with my soulmate is
bugging the hell out of me!

The mail room at CSC is flooded, that is all ( Good luck with everything. Richard

>
    >
    >
NOA.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system
(http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.231 / Virus Database: 112 - Release
Date: 2/12/01

Old May 24th 2001, 12:34 pm
Don Pomeroy

Guys, Its not just you. The CSC received my petition on April 9th and I still haven't
received the first NOA. I know another guy here in Phoenix who mailed his one day
after me and he hasn't received his either.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
office,
    >
Only
    >
five
    >
    >
at
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi everyone,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I mailed in my 129F on April 17, 2001 and have yet to receive my first[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Anyone have similar problems? Also, I have been trying to call, but the phone is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ALWAYS busy during business hours. Any insight?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks![/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 24th 2001, 1:06 pm
raebear

I always called at 10:00 p.m. or later, or very early in the morning. Never had
trouble getting through. Sorry to hear you're experiencing such a delay, but by and
large, I think CSC is one of the better ones to deal with.. try and be patient,
though I know it's hard!

Tommy wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 24th 2001, 1:07 pm
Tommy

Have any of you been able to call the CSC? I always get a busy signal or the "all
circuits busy" message.

>
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Boy Howdy![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I am having the same exact problem. CSC received my k-1 petition on[/usenetquote2]
April
[usenetquote2]> > 19th. I have not received first NOA and my check has not been cashed.[/usenetquote2]
I
[usenetquote2]> > gave up on trying to call them as the line is always busy. Last week I contacted[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > my congressman's office. They faxed an inquiry to CSC and received a response[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > next day. From what CSC told the Congressman's[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > it is taking approx. 30 days to get the information into the computer.[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > then will the check be processed and the first NOA mailed. Today marks[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > weeks, so I think we should be hearing from them soon. I have found[/usenetquote2]
that
[usenetquote2]> > the most difficult thing is not knowing if the application has been lost[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > CSC. The thought of a possible 2-month delay to be with my soulmate is bugging[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > the hell out of me![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > The mail room at CSC is flooded, that is all ( Good luck with everything.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Richard[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > Hi everyone,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I mailed in my 129F on April 17, 2001 and have yet to receive my first[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > NOA.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Anyone have similar problems? Also, I have been trying to call, but[/usenetquote2]
the
[usenetquote2]> > > phone is ALWAYS busy during business hours. Any insight?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Thanks![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ---[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.231 / Virus Database: 112 - Release Date:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 2/12/01[/usenetquote2]

Old May 24th 2001, 2:02 pm
billypilgrim

[usenetquote2]>> Hi everyone,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> I mailed in my 129F on April 17, 2001 and have yet to receive my first[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> Anyone have similar problems? Also, I have been trying to call, but the phone is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> ALWAYS busy during business hours. Any insight?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Thanks![/usenetquote2]

The April 30th deadline of the LIFE act has put most of the service centers behind.
Vermont, who has been fast recently, did not approve any for weeks. Just this week
some people have started getting 1st NOA's and approvals again. Hang in there, it's
probably only a temporary delay.

Beth. Disclamer: I am not a lawyer, nor have I ever played one on TV.

Old May 24th 2001, 2:04 pm
ike

Did you able talk to a live person? Problem here is there is no first NOA and
therefore a case number either. Without having a case number calling off hours
doesn't make any sense.

I am on the same boat too. They received my petition for Citizenship (N-400) on April
23rd and didn't received anything from them nor they cashed my check yet. I called my
US Senator Case Worker. She told me INS mail room is flooded and it would take 6 to 8
weeks for them to enter any application into the computer Then I thought offcourse
we have to wait!!! INS first have to cash those 1000 dolar checks from LIFE act
applicants, they really wouldn't worry about our small application fees (

>
Never
    >
delay,
    >
and
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Hi everyone,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I mailed in my 129F on April 17, 2001 and have yet to receive my first[/usenetquote2]
NOA.
[usenetquote2]> > Anyone have similar problems? Also, I have been trying to call, but the phone is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ALWAYS busy during business hours. Any insight?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks![/usenetquote2]

Old May 24th 2001, 2:22 pm
Marilou920

Beth I like the way you said on the bottom " I am not a lawyer neither I played
on TV " lol

Old May 24th 2001, 6:38 pm
Rina Z.

I never received my first or second NOA - I just got the final notice of approval....

Old May 25th 2001, 10:05 am
billypilgrim

----------

>
approval....

...which IS the 2nd NOA....

Old May 29th 2001, 4:12 am
sophie

"Tommy" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

I mailed my 129F on the same date (april 17/01) fed-ex, received a rejection notice
on May12/01 with a reciept # stating that we need to send them the correct fee. (I
had previously sent them a Canadian money order in the amount of $95 US ) So we
re-sent the petition on May 14/01 with a US cashiers check in the same amount.

I called the CSC, and finally got through, put in the receipt # and the message I get
is "no information at this time on this case" What does that mean? Could it be that
the receipt # on the rejection notice is not the # to use?

Please can anyone let me know how long I can expect to wait?