criminal records

Old Nov 14th 2012, 7:45 pm
yar
Just Joined

yar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default criminal records

Going for my interview next week for b2 tourism because i am not valid for esta

reading through the posts it looks as though i wont get a visa as i have at least 6 offenses 25 years ago no drug offences( common assault, Burglary non dwelling,procession of an offensive weapon ie stick) i never served time in a jail or was in prison .

because of this i assume i wont get my visa. no matter what i do is this correct?
Ray

Last edited by yar; Nov 14th 2012 at 7:47 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 9:10 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: criminal records

Originally Posted by yar
Going for my interview next week for b2 tourism because i am not valid for esta

reading through the posts it looks as though i wont get a visa as i have at least 6 offenses 25 years ago no drug offences( common assault, Burglary non dwelling,procession of an offensive weapon ie stick) i never served time in a jail or was in prison .

because of this i assume i wont get my visa. no matter what i do is this correct?
Ray
Burglary is almost certainly a crime involving moral turpitude so I'd hazard a guess that your visa application will be denied. If that happens, there's always the possibility you might be recommended for a waiver of ineligibility though.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 10:10 pm
yar
Just Joined

ok that being the case how do i be recommended for a waiver of ineligibility
Ray
Old Nov 14th 2012, 10:15 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yar
ok that being the case how do i be recommended for a waiver of ineligibility
Ray
You go the visa interview, and at the end, the ConOff might recommend you for a waiver of ineligibility. At that point, you consult with an immigration attorney to get his help in putting together a waiver package to submit to the ConOff. After review of your waiver package, you might be approved for the visa.

The recommendation has to come from the ConOff who does your visa interview...you'll know at the end of the interview.

Rene
Old Nov 14th 2012, 10:50 pm
yar
Just Joined

so i can be pretty sure that i will need a waiver of ineligibility if so, can a immigration attorney be recommended by some one. I would like to get the ball rolling now with regards the forms.
OR where can i get the forms?
Ray
Old Nov 14th 2012, 11:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yar
so i can be pretty sure that i will need a waiver of ineligibility if so, can a immigration attorney be recommended by some one.
Start here: www.ailalawyer.com

I would like to get the ball rolling now with regards the forms.
Start here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/in...ties_1364.html

Rene
Old Nov 15th 2012, 7:22 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You go the visa interview, and at the end, the ConOff might recommend you for a waiver of ineligibility. At that point, you consult with an immigration attorney to get his help in putting together a waiver package to submit to the ConOff. After review of your waiver package, you might be approved for the visa.

The recommendation has to come from the ConOff who does your visa interview...you'll know at the end of the interview.

Rene
Actually that's not correct for a B2 application Rene.

The conoff passes his waiver recommendation to DHS and it is they who make the ultimate decision. There is no "waiver package" for a B2. DHS either grant your waiver, or they don't. And currently, based on evidence in this forum, they're taking in excess of 25 weeks to make their determinations; so it does add considerable extra time to the application.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 7:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by yar
so i can be pretty sure that i will need a waiver of ineligibility if so, can a immigration attorney be recommended by some one. I would like to get the ball rolling now with regards the forms.
Ray
Originally Posted by Noorah101
The links Rene has given you are irrelevant for a B2 application. Please see my post above. And for the avoidance of any further doubt for those going through the B2 waiver process in London, please note the information in this post of mine from a year ago:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...rm#post9628548

Last edited by materialcontroller; Nov 15th 2012 at 7:33 am.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 5:14 pm
yar
Just Joined

Got my Police certificate this morning all offenses showed even though they are 26 years old And it fills me with embarrassment 6 offenses over a 2 year period
no jail time though
Will just have to prove that i am rehabilitated.I am at University studying science degree that might help.
RAY
Old Nov 16th 2012, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
The links Rene has given you are irrelevant for a B2 application. Please see my post above. And for the avoidance of any further doubt for those going through the B2 waiver process in London, please note the information in this post of mine from a year ago:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...rm#post9628548
Thank you for all the corrections to my posts. I'm sorry if I threw anyone off track. I'll try not to post on things I'm not sure about anymore.

Rene
Old Nov 16th 2012, 5:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by yar
Got my Police certificate this morning all offenses showed even though they are 26 years old And it fills me with embarrassment 6 offenses over a 2 year period
no jail time though
Will just have to prove that i am rehabilitated.I am at University studying science degree that might help.
RAY
I'm surprised the offences are showing after such a long time. They ought to have been stepped down and the certificate would have shown "No Live Trace".

However it works to your advantage if all details are there in black and white because it means you don't need to get hold of Memoranda of Conviction or court records seperately.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 6:02 pm
yar
Just Joined

Yes thats what i thought
what bout references any thing at all to show that i am upstanding person should i bring this sort of thing with me.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by yar
Yes thats what i thought
what bout references any thing at all to show that i am upstanding person should i bring this sort of thing with me.
You can do that, but be prepared that the conoff may not be interested in seeing any of it. At the very least, take something from your university as well as bank statements to show that you have the funds to support yourself.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 6:37 pm
yar
Just Joined

ok will do that will let you all know how i get on
Ray
Old Nov 19th 2012, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Bollyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

My case was a similar timescale to yours.
5 offences over 2yrs, just over 20 years ago.

I was issued my first Visa fine and many others thereafter. I'm sure with the time lapsed since the offences you will be okay although as others say this can never be guaranteed.

My Police cert came back "No Live Trace", thought yours would have been the same as the offences were so long ago.

I did on the first interview take stacks of paperwork, i'm sure the stronger the case you put forward the better the chances.

Good luck and hope it works out.