British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Crew Visa Help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/crew-visa-help-910336/)

RJK2018 Mar 12th 2018 5:10 pm

Crew Visa Help

Hi Guys
Im sure this question has been asked but I havent had any help tbh

Basically I have been accepted on the Royal Caribean and was sent forms to do. Medicals, Police check, references etc.. and my C1D Crew Visa
I sent away for the Visa 15th February and was giving an apointment on March 2nd.
Travelled to London, went to the embassy for my visa, passed my Visa and in the persons words "Your Visa has been accepted it will be with you 8th March" as I flew to Miami on the 10th.
The Visa still hasnt arrived.
How long does it usually take to arrive is my question as I cant seem to get through to anyone as you cant phone to check the status etc.
But on the Visa website where you put in your details etc it still says in administration.
Any help would be awesome.
Thank you

RJK2018 Mar 12th 2018 5:58 pm

Re: Crew Visa Help

Update... Its now said my visa has been issued... how long should it take to come?

tom169 Mar 12th 2018 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by RJK2018 (Post 12461088)
Update... Its now said my visa has been issued... how long should it take to come?

Think mine took about 5 days.

RJK2018 Mar 12th 2018 6:12 pm

Excellent news.
Does it have another process after it or will it come up saying something like Passport sent?
When im leaving to Miami from the UK do i go through different security checks with the visa or is it just as normal?

tom169 Mar 12th 2018 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by RJK2018 (Post 12461101)
Excellent news.
Does it have another process after it or will it come up saying something like Passport sent?
When im leaving to Miami from the UK do i go through different security checks with the visa or is it just as normal?

Sorry, i'm not sure. I think the next I heard was from the courier who sent me an email.

From the UK you will not face any differences. Just tell the check in desk you are travelling using your visa - they will probably ask anyway.

When entering the US you may be sent to secondary processing, but I doubt it.

Jerseygirl Mar 12th 2018 7:58 pm

As the Immigrations forums are for discussions about visas and citizenship...I have split the thread and moved the posts about Miami into the General US Forum. ;)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/miami-910344/

Rete Mar 12th 2018 10:30 pm

How can they issue you a visa in your passport when you have your passport on you obviously when you flew to Miami on the 10th of March?

Something doesn't make sense.

Rete Mar 12th 2018 10:32 pm

Excellent news.

When you are leaving for Miami from the UK and arrive at the port of entry, ask the Customs officer where you should go. Almost positive it will be through normal visitors line.

S Folinsky Mar 13th 2018 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12461255)
How can they issue you a visa in your passport when you have your passport on you obviously when you flew to Miami on the 10th of March?

I've seen crewman with separate passport and "seaman's book." I don't know how the seaman's book works but I have seen them visaed.

GeoffM Mar 13th 2018 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12461255)

Not necessarily in OP's case but British passport holders can obtain a second passport perfectly legitimately. It's meant for frequent travellers who might have to submit a passport for a visa but still be able to travel - ie on their other passport.

crg Mar 13th 2018 4:01 pm

There is often a 'crew booth' at larger airports. Miami has one. That crew booth is for airline crew. You would use the regular non-USC line. Each time you are coming to join a ship, you should have a ship's letter to present at the port of entry naming the vessel and providing the details. It's likely that you will be sent for a secondary inspection.