Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Credit card statements, to I-751 filers

Credit card statements, to I-751 filers

Old Oct 27th 2005, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

bantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura about
Default Credit card statements, to I-751 filers

We are collecting evidence for our future I-751. We have several joint credit card accounts and some accounts where one of us is the account holder and another one is authorized user.
Anyway, when we receive cc statements, we have to send the top part with both names along with payment back to the cc companies. How do we prove that the account is on our both names/joint, since the part that says it is usually gone?
It would be nice to know what other people, who already filed I-751, did in such cases.
thanks
Old Oct 27th 2005, 5:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Credit card statements, to I-751 filers

Originally Posted by bantik2005
We are collecting evidence for our future I-751. We have several joint credit card accounts and some accounts where one of us is the account holder and another one is authorized user.
Anyway, when we receive cc statements, we have to send the top part with both names along with payment back to the cc companies. How do we prove that the account is on our both names/joint, since the part that says it is usually gone?
It would be nice to know what other people, who already filed I-751, did in such cases.
thanks
Hi bantik,

I have one bill that comes like that. Only my name is on the portion we keep to file, but both our names are on the remit portion. I've called and they can't change that. So, before I pay that bill, I make a photocopy of the page with the remit portion on it. Then when I send back the remit portion, I still have the photocopy that has both our names on there. We're not filing I-751 until 2007, but I'm starting to save early.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 27th 2005, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

How do we prove that the account is on our both names/joint, since the part that says it is usually gone?
They have this great device nowadays... it's called a photocopier! Hey, there's even one for home use... it's called a scanner! Consider one or the other *before* you actually mail the silly thing. This isn't rocket science.

Ian
Old Oct 27th 2005, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks
Hi:

In addition to the bills, attach photocopies of the actual credit cards -- they have the same number.

"I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free. The answer is easy if you take it logically." Paul Simon
Old Oct 27th 2005, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

jemavalon is an unknown quantity at this point

Our joint credit cards have same numbers, and each of us has his/her own set of basically same plastic. So when it came to I-751, we just photocopied credit cards in the sets of two, side-by-side, with same numbers but different names. In cover letter we pointed out this fact. Just another option...

Julia
Old Oct 27th 2005, 2:22 pm
loveandbass

Ian you never amaze me with your ability to constantly helpful and
informative, but also a smug prick all at the same time. Keep it real,
man.

Old Oct 27th 2005, 3:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loveandbass
Ian you never amaze me with your ability to constantly helpful and informative, but also a smug prick all at the same time. Keep it real, man.
If I don't amaze you, I'll have to try something new! As the resident sanctimonious prick, I like to amaze everyone! I'll try to do better for you.

Ian
Old Oct 27th 2005, 3:44 pm
loveandbass

Honestly, I am not complaining...and thanks for trying harder for me to
maximize your prick potential.

Old Oct 27th 2005, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

bantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura about

Thank you guys
We decided to pay bills online, but to continue receiving paper statements by mail
Old Oct 27th 2005, 6:37 pm
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
They have this great device nowadays... it's called a photocopier! Hey, there's even one for home use... it's called a scanner! Consider one or the other *before* you actually mail the silly thing. This isn't rocket science.
Ian
You actually ~mail~ your bill?
Oh, how deliciously oldfashioned *lol*
Old Oct 27th 2005, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Petra
ouch
Old Oct 27th 2005, 7:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I still pay and mail all my bills by check, the old fashioned way. Oh wait, there are 2 that I pay by a transfer from checking to credit card. I suppose there will be a day when they no longer accept physical payment, but only electronic. ***sigh***
Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I do as well. I honestly do not like paying online. Have had problems with that in the past and will not attempt it again. I rather like writing the check and supporting the post office ;-)
Old Oct 27th 2005, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Rete
I rather like writing the check and supporting the post office ;-)
That's the way my dad taught me to pay my bills, dang it, and I'm stickin' to it.

Rene
Old Oct 27th 2005, 10:46 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
That's the way my dad taught me to pay my bills, dang it, and I'm stickin' to it.

Rene
Amazing, isn't it?!

On the credit card billing front: My bills show only my (USC) name; the DAH is an authorized user (but has still received credit reporting benefits as a result) so I photcopied both cards, included a copy of the billing printout (paperless) and went into my controls on the bank website and found the page that showed 'all authorized users' and printed that out. so I have the bill that show my name + addy, the 2 cards and the authorized users printed from the 'official' looking site which matched the billing page.

It worked for us, in combination with the other evidence.