CRBA though Naturalised parent

Old Jan 26th 2021, 9:56 am
Just Joined

kloolga is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CRBA though Naturalised parent

Hi I know how professional you guys are so I came so that you can help. Im a US citizen thanks to u guys. But im leaving abroad and about to have a daugther in 3 months with my gf we are not maried. I wanted to know if I can apply for my child CRBA and what will I need. Will sur be accepted or have Her citizenship. I left the US 2 months after i received my citizenship because I found a good job overseas but before that I have been living there for 11 years. What can I do for my future daugther. There is a place saying the parent must have been in the US for 5 years prior to the child birth but I think in my case it is 5 years after I got my citizenship. Or am I mistaking. Otherwise all naturalised parent must only have children 5 years after they naturalize which Will be funny. Also in 3 weeks it will be 4 years since I have become an American.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 12:20 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CRBA though Naturalised parent

Relevant law:

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...rn-Abroad.html
Legally married to each other at the time of the person’s conception or birth or within 300 days of the termination of the marriage by death or divorce

AND

A person born abroad in wedlock to a U.S. citizen and an alien acquires U.S. citizenship at birth if the U.S. citizen parent has been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions prior to the person’s birth for the period required by the statute in effect when the person was born (INA 301(g), formerly INA 301(a)(7)).

For birth on or after November 14, 1986, the U.S. citizen parent must have been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for five years prior to the person’s birth, at least two of which were after the age of 14.A person born abroad out-of-wedlock on or after November 14, 1986 to a U.S. citizen father and an alien mother may acquire U.S. citizenship under 301(g) of the INA, as made applicable by the “new” Section 309(a) of the INA, if:
  1. A blood relationship between the person and the father is established by clear and convincing evidence.
  2. The father was a U.S. citizen at the time of the person’s birth;
  3. The father (unless deceased) has agreed in writing to provide financial support for the person until he or she reaches the age of 18 years; and
  4. While the person is under the age of 18 years:
    • the person is legitimated under the law of his/her residence or domicile, or
    • the father acknowledges paternity of the person in writing under oath, or
    • the paternity of the person is established by adjudication of a competent court.
If the child was born abroad out-of-wedlock on or after November 14, 1986 to a U.S. citizen father who satisfies the requirements of the “new” INA 309(a) as listed above, the child will acquire U.S. citizenship if the U.S. citizen father was physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for five years prior to the person’s birth, including at least two of which were after turning age 14.

Please note: Persons born between November 15, 1968 and November 13, 1971 may derive U.S. citizenship under either the “new” INA 309(a) and 301, as described above, or the “old” INA 309(a) and 301.)
Personally I would think that being present in the US for 5 years prior would mean also needing to be a US Citizen during that time, which would disqualify you in this case.

I'm sure others will give their thoughts when the East Coast begins to wake up.

Last edited by civilservant; Jan 26th 2021 at 12:24 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 3:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not east coast but do know it is not limited to being a citizen.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 3:57 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

The that would suggest that he pass on his USC.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 4:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

He may have issues evidencing his eligibility, no idea but know that can be an issue.

Do know with the issue that processing is currently tricky. But it is one of those apply things, seems he wants to and there is only one option.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 5:20 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kloolga
Hi I know how professional you guys are so I came so that you can help. Im a US citizen thanks to u guys. But im leaving abroad and about to have a daugther in 3 months with my gf we are not maried. I wanted to know if I can apply for my child CRBA and what will I need. Will sur be accepted or have Her citizenship. I left the US 2 months after i received my citizenship because I found a good job overseas but before that I have been living there for 11 years. What can I do for my future daugther. There is a place saying the parent must have been in the US for 5 years prior to the child birth but I think in my case it is 5 years after I got my citizenship. Or am I mistaking. Otherwise all naturalised parent must only have children 5 years after they naturalize which Will be funny. Also in 3 weeks it will be 4 years since I have become an American.
Your are applying your situation to everyone... most new USC would remaining living here and their children would become USC when they are born here, the citizenship of their parents is not even relevant to that, only their birth being in the US. To add to that children of both visa holders and Green Cards are often USC well before their parents are eligible.
Old Jan 27th 2021, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

newacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kloolga
There is a place saying the parent must have been in the US for 5 years prior to the child birth but I think in my case it is 5 years after I got my citizenship. Or am I mistaking.
You are mistaken. It is 5 years of physical presence in the US, in any status, or even no status.

8 FAM 301.7-3(B)(a)(2):
Naturalized citizens may count any time they spent in the United States or its outlying possessions both before and after being naturalized, regardless of their status. Even citizens who, prior to lawful entry and naturalization, had spent time in the United States illegally can include that time;
Old Jan 27th 2021, 5:28 am
Just Joined

kloolga is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by newacct
You are mistaken. It is 5 years of physical presence in the US, in any status, or even no status.

8 FAM 301.7-3(B)(a)(2):
So I should be good I have more than 8 years in the US then.