Counseling Process

Old Jul 22nd 2002, 10:20 am
Saggitaurus913

Default Counseling Process

Hi All

I have a question regarding CP. I had mentioned about doing CP,while I was applying
for my I-140. I have recieved the approval notice for my I-140,but nowhere on the
notice does it say that I have opted for CP. I would like to know whether they
mention on the I-140 about the same or not. If,for some reason,I am not given CP and
I decide to go ahead and apply for it,would it delay my process of Green Card. Thanks
in advance.

Old Jul 22nd 2002, 11:20 am
Joachim Feise

Default Re: Counseling Process

On 22 Jul 2002, saggitaurus913 wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > I have a question regarding CP. I had mentioned about doing CP,while I was applying
    > for my I-140. I have recieved the approval notice for my I-140,but nowhere on the
    > notice does it say that I have opted for CP. I would like to know whether they
    > mention on the I-140 about the same or not.

It would say something along the lines "Your file has been forwarded to the National
Visa Center."

> If,for some reason,I am not given CP and I decide to go ahead and apply for
    > it,would it delay my process of Green Card.

You would have to file an I-824, and that of course adds more processing time. It may
or may not end up being faster than AOS.

-Joe