Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Confusion: looks like there are two streams of applicants at ATL

Confusion: looks like there are two streams of applicants at ATL

Old Jul 16th 2001, 2:36 pm
illegal2long

We applied for AOS 5/00 at the Atlanta Office and have unexpectedly today received a
fingerprint appointment for next week. We expected this to arrive *much* later than
now - maybe even a couple of years from now.

Because we lurk here quite a bit - though don't usually have anything to say - we
were aware that at some point last year the Atlanta Office started fast-streaming
their newest applications. I remember that one poster - a k-1er as I recall - in here
went from application in something like August 2000 to CPR granted after an interview
in something like February or March 2001. When we saw that post we were pleased for
the poster but figured the new, fast-streaming procedure at the ATL office must have
begun after we submitted our papers.

Yet I'm hearing about others like me who are being called for fingerprinting way
ahead of schedule. Now, we don't want to get our hopes up or anything but can anyone
who's ahead of me in the line say what's coming down the tube for us? We're very
pleased with progress... just a bit confused as well!

To add to our confusion, I've seen letters referred to calling applicants to
fingerprinting AND interview (one letter, two dates!) whereas ours is for
fingerprinting only...

Any wisdom, anyone?

Old Jul 16th 2001, 11:45 pm
Andy Platt

Atlanta are fast-tracking K-1 based I-485s. I've not come across these combined
fingerprint / interview notices before - they don't make much sense because if you
are fingerprinted at the time of the interview, they couldn't do the FBI check in
time so you would have to go back anyway. Now, not all K-1ers need fingerprinting so
perhaps they could be getting called to interview without fingerprinting.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >