Wikiposts

Confusion about I-864

Old Jun 9th 2004, 7:32 am
Just Joined

guess is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confusion about I-864

Hello people, I asked this before, but didnt get an understandable reply. I ll explain you exactly what the problem is.

1) My wife is just 19 and she used to do some part time work few months back at few places in US, that means she didnt file her tax returns. Neither does she has any assets in her name.
2) And because she is the petitioner in my case she needs to be my sponsor, I am aware I can get a joint sponsor and that is what i am going to do. But what my query is .Can she be filed as no income in I-864.
3) Does she need to show a proof of resident.
4) Because she used to stay with her aunt, she never had any utility bills or anything in her name, So if she needs to prove her residence in USA, what sort of papers would she need.

Well i am getting all the papers from joint sponsor,

So Can I file my wife as no Income.. and no assets.. And in this case does she still need to show any papers in this case.

Please reply and help me, I have tried quite a few sites and still this questions are not clear.

All comments will be highly appreciated
Old Jun 9th 2004, 8:04 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confusion about I-864

guess,

Your wife is your sponsor, she needs to submit an I-864.

She needs to answer the questions that are asked on the I-864. If the answer to a question is zero, she needs to enter a zero.

If a supporting document is requested, she needs to either supply the document or supply a legitimate reason why the document cannot be provided. Having no income to report is a legitimate reason to have not filed an income tax return (although one can file a return and report zero income if they wish).

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by guess
Hello people, I asked this before, but didnt get an understandable reply. I ll explain you exactly what the problem is.

1) My wife is just 19 and she used to do some part time work few months back at few places in US, that means she didnt file her tax returns. Neither does she has any assets in her name.
2) And because she is the petitioner in my case she needs to be my sponsor, I am aware I can get a joint sponsor and that is what i am going to do. But what my query is .Can she be filed as no income in I-864.
3) Does she need to show a proof of resident.
4) Because she used to stay with her aunt, she never had any utility bills or anything in her name, So if she needs to prove her residence in USA, what sort of papers would she need.

Well i am getting all the papers from joint sponsor,

So Can I file my wife as no Income.. and no assets.. And in this case does she still need to show any papers in this case.

Please reply and help me, I have tried quite a few sites and still this questions are not clear.

All comments will be highly appreciated