Confusing receipt notice re:n-400

Old Oct 24th 2009, 5:24 pm

special ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to all
Default Confusing receipt notice re:n-400

I recently filed for naturalization (permanent resident since June 2005, married to US citizen since March 2004). In September I had a request for evidence notice to go biometrics which I did. Today (10/24) I received a notice saying I may need to bring additional evidence to my naturalization interview (docs needed - state issued drivers license and ID/all other government issued travel docs). The thing is the notice does not say when or where my naturalization interview is, and I have not received any other notices. Tried calling the hotline but of course they're not open weekends and when I checked my case status online it said request for evidence was pending from 9/17 - this was the notice for biometric testing which I went to. Confused - can anyone enlighten me? Thanks in advance. BTW, the notice was quite specific that I don't need to mail any items in.

Last edited by special ed; Oct 24th 2009 at 5:30 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 5:34 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confusing receipt notice re:n-400

se,

A biometrics notice is not a request for evidence notice.

A non-specific notice saying that you may need to bring additional evidence to your interview seems to be par for the course. My wife got one, but nothing was asked for at her interview.

Based on what you posted the online status saying that an RFE was pending would be puzzling except for the fact that online status is not always reliable.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by special ed
I recently filed for naturalization (permanent resident since June 2005, married to US citizen since March 2004). In September I had a request for evidence notice to go biometrics which I did. Today (10/24) I received a notice saying I may need to bring additional evidence to my naturalization interview (docs needed - state issued drivers license and ID/all other government issued travel docs). The thing is the notice does not say when or where my naturalization interview is, and I have not received any other notices. Tried calling the hotline but of course they're not open weekends and when I checked my case status online it said request for evidence was pending from 9/17 - this was the notice for biometric testing which I went to. Confused - can anyone enlighten me? Thanks in advance. BTW, the notice was quite specific that I don't need to mail any items in.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 5:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I have a hunch that the notice saying to bring such and such to the interview is in fact your notice of action saying that your application for naturalization has been received.

Dh's NOA said something similar and later on a interview date letter was received.

Call on Monday and check with the misinformation line. Ask, if necessary, to speak with a supervisor.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 2:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

My husband got 3 different NOA's.

1. Dec 2, 2008: Receipt and Transfer Notice
2. Dec 9, 2008: Fingerprint Notification
3. Jan 17, 2009: Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Initial Interview.

Ed, what does it say in the upper left side of the NOA?

Rene