Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Completed Naturalization-Cleveland

Completed Naturalization-Cleveland

Old Apr 17th 2004, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

SundarV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Completed Naturalization-Cleveland

At last my Journey to become a US citizen came to an end yesterday in the Federal Court House, Cleveland.

I was scheduled for 1 PM. I arrived at the courthouse at 12 PM and caught the end of the morning ceremony.

At 1 PM, USCIS officer came and started calling names for people to check in. Many people forgot to fill the back of the oath ceremony letter or they signed a date before the date of ceremony. When you go to check-in they ask you to sign your naturalization certificate too.

The judge came in at 2 PM and gave a brief speech about her grandparents being immigrants. She asked some people to talk about the people they are thanful to come to this point.

This was followed by administration of oath. Following the oath administration, the naturalization certificate was distributed.

Overall, it took about 30 minutes after Judge came in. I was out of the place by 2:30 PM.

Please note, you do not have passport application at this place. Also, the court is not an acceptance facility. I went down to Cleveland main post office to give my passport application.

Now I am waiting for application, so that I can make my trip to India on May 6.

I want to thank all the people who helped me through the process. Especially all the moral support from fellow clevelanders, Lisa, Marius, Jamie and anyone else I have forgotten.

Thanks again

Sundar

Last edited by SundarV; Apr 17th 2004 at 1:57 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2004, 7:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Completed Naturalization-Cleveland

Congratulations. I'm so glad to see that your journey is finally over.

Rete

Originally posted by SundarV
At last my Journey to become a US citizen came to an end yesterday in the Federal Court House, Cleveland.

I was scheduled for 1 PM. I arrived at the courthouse at 12 PM and caught the end of the morning ceremony.

At 1 PM, USCIS officer came and started calling names for people to check in. Many people forgot to fill the back of the oath ceremony letter or they signed a date before the date of ceremony. When you go to check-in they ask you to sign your naturalization certificate too.

The judge came in at 2 PM and gave a brief speech about her grandparents being immigrants. She asked some people to talk about the people they are thanful to come to this point.

This was followed by administration of oath. Following the oath administration, the naturalization certificate was distributed.

Overall, it took about 30 minutes after Judge came in. I was out of the place by 2:30 PM.

Please note, you do not have passport application at this place. Also, the court is not an acceptance facility. I went down to Cleveland main post office to give my passport application.

I want to thank all the people who helped me through the process. Especially all the moral support from fellow clevelanders, Lisa, Marius, Jamie and anyone else I have forgotten.

Thanks again

Sundar
Old Apr 17th 2004, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

dhabud is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations and Goodluck on start of next Journey.

Dhabud
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

jamie01 has a brilliant futurejamie01 has a brilliant futurejamie01 has a brilliant futurejamie01 has a brilliant futurejamie01 has a brilliant futurejamie01 has a brilliant futurejamie01 has a brilliant future

Sundarv:

Congratulations. I know you (and others) have been helping many others in patiently answering questions and being a source of encouragement to us all.

Thanks to your advice about seeking Congressman's help, I finally got my interview.

God Bless

Jamie01. Married USC; N-400 Aug 1 2002 to NSC, priority date Aug 6 2002.
Finger Print: Oct 1 2003. 2nd fingerprint date: March 4 2004 (1st one is past 15 months)
Interview Date: June 18, 2004.

Thanks again

Sundar
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by jamie01
Sundarv:

Congratulations. I know you (and others) have been helping many others in patiently answering questions and being a source of encouragement to us all.

Thanks to your advice about seeking Congressman's help, I finally got my interview.

God Bless

Congrats. When is your interview?

I am sure it is going to be a breeze

Take care

Sundar
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks again

Sundar
nice work & thanks for sharing your experience

your passport will be a different experience.. I got mine in under 2 weeks

no more USCIS, congratulations

:PARTY:
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

jamie01 has a brilliant futurejamie01 has a brilliant futurejamie01 has a brilliant futurejamie01 has a brilliant futurejamie01 has a brilliant futurejamie01 has a brilliant futurejamie01 has a brilliant future

June 18, thanks

Congrats. When is your interview?

I am sure it is going to be a breeze

Take care

Sundar
Old May 4th 2004, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

suiram is an unknown quantity at this point

Received oath appointment for May 21.
Almost over....
Old May 4th 2004, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by suiram
Almost over....
Marius,

Congrats! I am glad that you are seeing the end.

I am leaving for India on Thu. Got my US passport and Indian visa and ready to leave.

Sundar
Old May 4th 2004, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Have a safe trip and good luck with DCF in India.
Old May 4th 2004, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Have a safe trip, SundarV.

Suiram, I am happy for your upcoming Oath ceremeony!

God Bless!

Marius,

I am leaving for India on Thu. Got my US passport and Indian visa and ready to leave.

Sundar
Old May 4th 2004, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by jamie01
Have a safe trip, SundarV.

Suiram, I am happy for your upcoming Oath ceremeony!

God Bless!
Thank you. Yours is around the corner as well
Old May 4th 2004, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Nature Person is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. Yours is around the corner as well
Congratulations and good luck!
Old May 4th 2004, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevelisaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Almost over....
Hey that's a great day.....my son Ian's birthday (he'll be 14 this year.)

Congrats Marius!

Lisa
Old May 4th 2004, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevelisaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Marius,

Sundar
Congratulations Sundar!!!! And an early Happy Anniversary to you and your lovely wife!

Have a safe trip......bring back lots of warm weather....and the wife hopefully will be soon to follow.

Lisa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.