Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Company transfer and I-864 affidavit of support

Company transfer and I-864 affidavit of support

Old Apr 30th 2010, 2:25 pm
rjt
Just Joined

rjt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Company transfer and I-864 affidavit of support

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Putting "unknown" or "not sure" is a perfectly acceptable response.
I second that - I put "not yet known" and it was fine. Don't think the I-130 had anything about dates anyway so its just the address.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 2:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Just so you know, you will need an address to supply the agent at the POE who will process the mysterious brown envelope given to you by the USCIS (this contains all the documentation you have submitted) for your green card when you arrive in the US. The green card will be sent to the address you give them.

Originally Posted by srefre
Thanks.
Probably me being overly cautious, but I asked as I was worried that unknown wasn't an acceptable answer.

The other option I was considering was arranging to work remotely for say the few months or so of the transfer. That way I could sort out details such as rental agreements and stay at my in-laws. Would give me an address and only leave date unknown.

However if unknown is acceptable, thats what I shall put.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

srefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Rete, handy to know and also for your patience with my ever growing number of quaestions.

Does this address have to be where I actually intend to stay, or can this be an trusted address I will have contact with - E.g the in laws.

I might possibly have an address if I go looking for a place to live before immigrating. However I also have the option of staying with friends and family, so getting a lease before leaving the UK is not essential.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 3:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by srefre
Does this address have to be where I actually intend to stay, or can this be an trusted address I will have contact with - E.g the in laws.
It can be the in-laws, that's fine. Anyone who has a stable address that you can get your mail from until you have your own address. It can even be a hotel, if you're staying in a hotel the first month or two.

Rene
Old Jun 25th 2010, 9:28 am
rjt
Just Joined

rjt is an unknown quantity at this point

srefre - Don't know whether you're still pursuing the idea of a marriage-based visa (no time to browse 172 posts!), but just to say that having a letter from my employer confirming job transfer and then using my income on the I-864 was just fine. I have my visa now and it all took less than 4 months from start to finish!