Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Companies open to H1-B Sponsorship

Companies open to H1-B Sponsorship

Old Oct 25th 2011, 2:32 am
Just Joined

gougher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Companies open to H1-B Sponsorship

Hi there

I'm currently in San Francisco for interviews, however I've found that most places I've applied are not willing to go through the H1-B process as their small start-ups and can afford nor the time or money for the process

Does anyone know if there is an accessible list of companies that have previously filed for the H1-B, or tend to be more open to the prospecvt of sponsorship. Aware it of course also depends on suitability and if it meets requirements.

Thanks for your help
Old Oct 25th 2011, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Companies open to H1-B Sponsorship

Originally Posted by gougher
I'm currently in San Francisco for interviews, however I've found that most places I've applied are not willing to go through the H1-B process as their small start-ups and can afford nor the time or money for the process
Unfortunately, as you have discovered, H1-B sponsorship is not that easy to come by.

Does anyone know if there is an accessible list of companies that have previously filed for the H1-B, or tend to be more open to the prospecvt of sponsorship. Aware it of course also depends on suitability and if it meets requirements.
I don't know of any such list, but big international companies that as a matter of course recruit talent worldwide are the most obvious places to look - think Google, Yahoo, Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook etc ...
Old Oct 25th 2011, 3:38 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

You can google out the published lists of companies who have sponsored H1B's and the salaries they paid.

Most tend to be large companies though.

http://www.immihelp.com/h1b-sponsori...8C2675322B60C8
Old Oct 25th 2011, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
You can google out the published lists of companies who have sponsored H1B's and the salaries they paid.

Most tend to be large companies though.

http://www.immihelp.com/h1b-sponsori...8C2675322B60C8
Although, interestingly enough, one of the employers on the first page was the "Household of Sandra Sirugo & Jorge E. Jaury" in Pembroke Pines FL for a part time teacher at $17.76 an hour ...
Old Oct 25th 2011, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

I see from your other thread that you work in advertising. A lot of firms have a presence in London and SF (I can think of two off the top of my head, one I used to work for, the other I work for now, albeit I'm a techie in internet advertising). If you're willing to be patient, I'd suggest a better strategy would be to find a job in London with a company with a presence in SF, make yourself absolutely indispensable over the next year or two, and then seek a transfer.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rpjs
...If you're willing to be patient, I'd suggest a better strategy would be to find a job in London with a company with a presence in SF, make yourself absolutely indispensable over the next year or two, and then seek a transfer.
This is currently my strategy. I'm currently working for a large games console firm and am working my ass off. Let's see where it leads...
Old Oct 25th 2011, 3:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeanUK2US
This is currently my strategy. I'm currently working for a large games console firm and am working my ass off. Let's see where it leads...
M/S are very good at transferring folks between studios, I know of a few that did that, same for ActiBlizzard, the EA/Disney ones all ended up being made redundant after not to long of being transferred. Don't know about Ninty and Sony, so be interested if you know how good they're at this
Old Oct 25th 2011, 3:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Minebrain Soultion seem to be sponsoring 7,000,000?

Probably has something to do with their name.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

Thanks for your help
What is your specific area of expertise? It's all about finding an angle or niche that seperates you from the crowd. San Francisco is not short of 'advertising professionals'.

Last edited by caleyjag; Oct 26th 2011 at 7:16 am.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
M/S are very good at transferring folks between studios, I know of a few that did that, same for ActiBlizzard, the EA/Disney ones all ended up being made redundant after not to long of being transferred. Don't know about Ninty and Sony, so be interested if you know how good they're at this
I'm with Sony at present, so will keep you updated on that matter.Irrespective of what happens they are an awesome company to work for.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rpjs
I see from your other thread that you work in advertising. A lot of firms have a presence in London and SF (I can think of two off the top of my head, one I used to work for, the other I work for now, albeit I'm a techie in internet advertising). If you're willing to be patient, I'd suggest a better strategy would be to find a job in London with a company with a presence in SF, make yourself absolutely indispensable over the next year or two, and then seek a transfer.

That was indeed my strategy and I worked like crazy, only to find the office out in SF had quietly closed. It's still listed on their website, only when I discussed a transfer did anyone in our office discover it no longer existed.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 1:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

That was indeed my strategy and I worked like crazy, only to find the office out in SF had quietly closed. It's still listed on their website, only when I discussed a transfer did anyone in our office discover it no longer existed.
A bit sick, but quite funny really.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 1:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
A bit sick, but quite funny really.
Not quite soon enough for me to find it amusing
Old Oct 28th 2011, 1:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by caleyjag
What is your specific area of expertise? It's all about finding an angle or niche that seperates you from the crowd. San Francisco is not short of 'advertising professionals'.
It's social media and digital marketing, which I admit there are many people here that work in similar roles. I have very good links with Facebook in the UK, which would have been perfect but just no suitable jobs there for me at the moment
Old Oct 28th 2011, 2:05 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeanUK2US
I'm with Sony at present, so will keep you updated on that matter.Irrespective of what happens they are an awesome company to work for.
Are you working in the London office? You may well work with my old school friend Diarmid, and possibly even my brother Sam!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.