Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Co Sponsor own's his own business Question

Co Sponsor own's his own business Question

Old Sep 3rd 2004, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Jess2100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Co Sponsor own's his own business Question

Well, my husband and I found a co sponsor, not as hard as I thought it would be. My husband's uncle is willing to be the co sponsor. He is a dentist and owns his own clinics, so he is his own boss. My question is about having a letter of employment, since he is his own boss does he write his own letter? What kind of proof should he give regarding this? Just want everything to be right at our next interview so we can be done with all of this until my husband goes for his citizenship. Thanks again for all of your help!
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 4:32 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Co Sponsor own's his own business Question

Originally Posted by Jess2100
Well, my husband and I found a co sponsor, not as hard as I thought it would be. My husband's uncle is willing to be the co sponsor. He is a dentist and owns his own clinics, so he is his own boss. My question is about having a letter of employment, since he is his own boss does he write his own letter? What kind of proof should he give regarding this? Just want everything to be right at our next interview so we can be done with all of this until my husband goes for his citizenship. Thanks again for all of your help!
Hi:

Tax returns. If he is truly "self-employed" give the entire tax return including Schedule C. BTW, many professionals form "Professional Corporations" -- so, technically, they may very well be employed. In such cases, I put in both the 1040 personal and 1120 corporate returns.