Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Civil Surgeon in Minneapolis area?

Civil Surgeon in Minneapolis area?

Old Jan 18th 2013, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

BenGrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Civil Surgeon in Minneapolis area?

All,

I know USCIS website can show a list of civil surgeons by zip code, but I'm hoping anyone here can recommend someone in the MSP area that they've used.

I recently read of a case elsewhere of someone whose civil surgeon purposely left portions of the medical form incomplete, so he could gain from repeated visits from the applicant. The poor guy received RFEs, delaying his case (and at the same time his visa number retrogressed). Not saying this will happen to us, but I'd rather go by recommendations.

Thanks,
Old Jan 18th 2013, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Civil Surgeon in Minneapolis area?

Originally Posted by BenGrant
All,

I know USCIS website can show a list of civil surgeons by zip code, but I'm hoping anyone here can recommend someone in the MSP area that they've used.

I recently read of a case elsewhere of someone whose civil surgeon purposely left portions of the medical form incomplete, so he could gain from repeated visits from the applicant. The poor guy received RFEs, delaying his case (and at the same time his visa number retrogressed). Not saying this will happen to us, but I'd rather go by recommendations.

Thanks,
Where did you read this?
Old Jan 18th 2013, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

HisBetterHalf is just really niceHisBetterHalf is just really niceHisBetterHalf is just really niceHisBetterHalf is just really niceHisBetterHalf is just really niceHisBetterHalf is just really niceHisBetterHalf is just really niceHisBetterHalf is just really nice

I haven't heard of anything like that in the Mpls area. I've had several friends go through the process and they haven't had anything negative to say about the CSs they used.

My husband went to a Russian guy at TexaTonka Clinic (or something like that) in St. Louis Park. It was his first US doctor's visit and he hates doctors - but it went just fine. The only thing he had to return for was a lung xray (couldn't do it at the time because he had a cold?). Pretty straight forward.

Good luck!
Old Jan 20th 2013, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

We used one close to home in Downtown, but it was kind of rough
An immigration lawyer friend recommends Dr. Yohannes Gebre at the Midway Family Clinic .
Don't forget that if you have been vaccinated against TB, you should ask the civil surgeon for the TB blood test, rather than the skin test as the skin test will show a positive result.