Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Citizenship without possession of a green card

Citizenship without possession of a green card

Old Mar 24th 2019, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

technolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizenship without possession of a green card

I'm looking at applying for citizenship. One of the items required is a photocopy of both sides of my green card. I had a relinquish my 2-year conditional green card in April 2018 when I went to an InfoPass appointment to get an I-551 stamp in my passport because my green card (extended by a letter from USCIS) was about to expire. My green card was dated May 2015. I applied for removal of conditions in February 2017 and I'm still waiting for adjudication on that.

How will I fulfill the requirement to supply photocopies of my green card? Photocopies of the appropriate pages of my passport? I'll be getting another InfoPass appointment in the next two or three weeks because my I-551 stamp expires on April 19th.
Old Mar 24th 2019, 2:37 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship without possession of a green card

This is why we recommend always making and keeping a photocopy of all your immigration documents for your own home file.

Write a statement as to why the copy is missing and include that with your N-400.

Rene