Citizenship Test/Interview

Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

abir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of light
Question Citizenship Test/Interview

I'm getting ready to go in for the citizenship test/interview this Thursday (2/28). Any last minute suggestion?

I am taking with me:

* Interview Notice (I-797C NOA)
* My Alien Resident Card
* My Selective Service Registration Card
* My Passport
* Our Marriage Certificate
* USC Spouse’s Passport
* USC Spouse’s Birth Certificate
* My Birth Certificate
* Two identical color passport style photographs, with my name and "A-number" written lightly in pencil
* Joint Tax Transcripts from IRS for the last 3 years: 2006, 2005, and 2004
* Speeding Ticket from 2001
* Joint Financial stuff
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:29 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Test/Interview

Originally Posted by abir007

Do you have the record of the court proceedings on the speeding say what the fine was? If you didn't go to court or don't have the record, at the very least print our the DMV report.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

abir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rete
Do you have the record of the court proceedings on the speeding say what the fine was? If you didn't go to court or don't have the record, at the very least print our the DMV report.
I have a letter from the DMV indicating I paid the $44 fine in 2001 and also lists no pending charges. I don't think they are concerned about such a small fine ... what do you think?
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:50 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I have a letter from the DMV indicating I paid the $44 fine in 2001 and also lists no pending charges. I don't think they are concerned about such a small fine ... what do you think?

It's not the amount of the fine, they are interested in the judgment and penalty, i.e. fine, community service, mandated class attendance, etc.

Glad you have the DVM report and that it was a one time only indiscretion on your part. (at least that you got caught with)
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting ready to go in for the citizenship test/interview this Thursday (2/28). Any last minute suggestion?

I am taking with me:

* Interview Notice (I-797C NOA)
* My Alien Resident Card
* My Selective Service Registration Card
* My Passport
* Our Marriage Certificate
* USC Spouse’s Passport
* USC Spouse’s Birth Certificate
* My Birth Certificate
* Two identical color passport style photographs, with my name and "A-number" written lightly in pencil
* Joint Tax Transcripts from IRS for the last 3 years: 2006, 2005, and 2004
* Joint Financial stuff
Good luck, I have my interview next month. I am also planning to take my social security card, just in case they ask for it.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:59 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by mickmills
Good luck, I have my interview next month. I am also planning to take my social security card, just in case they ask for it.

They won't. It is not a form of identity.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

They won't. It is not a form of identity.
I'd read on another forum that IO may ask for it to verify your SSN.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickmills
I'd read on another forum that IO may ask for it to verify your SSN.
I didn't take mine to the interview. I suppose they can ask if they want... but you are not required to have a SSN in order to naturalize.

Ian
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:26 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I didn't take mine to the interview. I suppose they can ask if they want... but you are not required to have a SSN in order to naturalize.

Ian

Agreed. I always carry mine with me so would not be a problem for me to whip it out of my wallet. But it appears some do not. By all means take it with you. It is not mandatory, however.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

jcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant future

My wife is going on Tuesday in Atlanta. On the N-659 checklist it says to bring your current marriage certificate and then separately lists "proof of marital union as well as proof of residence". Of course we have our marriage certificate and joint financial stuff with our address on it. Do we need anything else? Just curious. Also Abir, here's a quote from the N-659:
"Note that unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 and/or points on your driver's license."
Which is a good thing, because I have no idea of how to get documentation on my wife's speeding ticket from 4 years ago, heh heh...
Jerry
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:36 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. I always carry mine with me so would not be a problem for me to whip it out of my wallet. But it appears some do not. By all means take it with you. It is not mandatory, however.
Actually, "Should I carry my Social Security card in my wallet?" is a FAQ on the SSA's website. Their answer? "Do not carry it with you" -- they even say so in bold!

Sorry, didn't mean to take this off-topic; I just thought I'd point it out.

~ Jenney
Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:04 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Actually, "Should I carry my Social Security card in my wallet?" is a FAQ on the SSA's website. Their answer? "Do not carry it with you" -- they even say so in bold!

Sorry, didn't mean to take this off-topic; I just thought I'd point it out.

~ Jenney
I'm almost sixty years old. I have carried my social security card with me at all times since the age of 16 when I first got it. I don't recall saying it was the law only that I always carry it.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jcsutton
On the N-659 checklist it says to bring your current marriage certificate and then separately lists "proof of marital union as well as proof of residence". Of course we have our marriage certificate and joint financial stuff with our address on it. Do we need anything else? Just curious.
I am also taking past 3 yrs (06, 05, 04) Tax Transcript from IRS showing we filed jointly. Also taking a copy of the our driver licenses showing same address, and the deed of that house we bought together.

Originally Posted by jcsutton
Also Abir, here's a quote from the N-659:
"Note that unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 and/or points on your driver's license."
This is why I am not too concerned about $44 speeding ticket but I have a letter with me just in case.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

joeyseven is an unknown quantity at this point

Should I put my speeding fine in the N-400 form? I totally forgot it until reading this thread!! Now, I should file a supplementary form or write a letter to the office?

Thanks for your insight.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joeyseven
Should I put my speeding fine in the N-400 form? I totally forgot it until reading this thread!! Now, I should file a supplementary form or write a letter to the office?

Thanks for your insight.
I honestly think this is no big deal but many in this forum thinks otherwise. If you want to be 100% safe, you should indicate that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.