Wikiposts

Citizenship Q ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:58 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Q ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally Posted by sonosoldi
I am sorry your husband too is caught up in this mess I am sure you must know how I feel also as we share similar emotions in this context.
No, I don't know how you feel, and we don't share similar emotions in this context. We're not upset about how long it's taking his N400 to be processed. We might be eager to move on to the next step, but we're not upset, and certainly not "furious." Why would we be?

The only thing that would have made us upset is if Mark hadn't become eligible for citizenship until after July 30th. By being able to take advantage of the lower application fee, we were able to put that extra $275 towards something much more worthwhile. You may be happy forking over hundreds of dollars to the US government unnecessarily; we would rather keep it for ourselves and spend it as we like.

My husband and I learned years ago that we just have to roll with the punches when it comes to immigration. It takes as long as it takes. Backlogs happen. There's no use in getting all worked up about it because it happens to everyone. Unlike some people -- YOU -- we don't think that we're better than other people just because we might make more money, know people in high places, live in a certain neighborhood, drive a certain car, wear certain kinds of clothes, etc. We don't feel entitled like you do. And we sleep a lot better at night because of it.

~ Jenney
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:33 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jenniferpa
Perhaps you should study the Preamble (Hint: The relevent part starts "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal")
Your argument would be more powerful *if* you realized that the line you quoted, "we hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal" is *not* from the US Constitution, but from the Declaration of Independence. So, perhaps *you* should study some more.

Ian
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:37 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks y'all for the replies and I am happy to know that my beloved home country passport is safe.

Also really i am in no urgent need to become a citizen ..just I hate to wait on things and wish to get it completed and over with and off my "to do" list. I am just un-lucky to be stuck in this jam which is not of my making and that is why I am furious beyond words of civility. also I wish to expedite as there could be tax implications and that is my only reason for melancolly. My tax bracket is not among the lowly.

Happy Thanks Giving to all tammie
Why are you furious? Did you file your N-400 as soon as you became eligible or have you waited until it was convenient for you?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

jenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to alljenniferpa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Your argument would be more powerful *if* you realized that the line you quoted, "we hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal" is *not* from the US Constitution, but from the Declaration of Independence. So, perhaps *you* should study some more.

Ian
You are so right! I don't know where to put my face! My comment should be more accurately be directed towards the OP's knowledge of civics. Fortunately, I take correction well, also fortunately, I'm not going the citizenship route yet. Hopefully, when/if the time comes I shall be word perfect. I also hope I shall know better that come online and complain about all the little people that are getting in my way.

Last edited by jenniferpa; Nov 28th 2007 at 2:50 am. Reason: Clarity
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:42 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Jinney and others et al

Please do not judge me just because I have class and
truly I do not deserve to be caught up in a backlog not of my making. Please note these people all applied just so as to save a few dollars .... this alone shows their true motives in making the N400 application ie most of them would not have applied but for the fee increase. this is why I am furious ... these people DID mess up the system for others just to save a buck and that is what galls me.
How can self named 'santi prick and others " defend this .... it is a fact .... these people were not interested in N400 but geez! a fee increase and they swarmed. Sick if you ask me .... but I have class and will wait in line with dignity.

Tammie
You say you have class (but anyone who says so probably doesn't have class if you ask me) but based on your post above, IMHO you don't have an education. I would suggest paying to learn to write English that is grammatically sound and punctuated correctly.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:52 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jenniferpa
Fortunately, I take correction well, also fortunately, I'm not going the citizenship route yet. Hopefully, when/if the time comes I shall be word perfect.
Good response! Karma worthy! There are many people here, including me, who will be happy to help you when citizenship comes around for you. I may be an SP, but I'm a helpful SP.

Ian
Old Nov 28th 2007, 3:41 am
Just Joined

sonosoldi is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I have just read all the thread and I want to thank all who have taken the time to answer me. I do appreciate all comments and I think I will adopt your attitude Jenny and just let it all take it's natural course. As they say "TEMPUS FUGIT" as as each day passes we all move one step up the ladder.

happy Christmas to everyone .

Tammie