Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Citizenship process faces retrogression! Is that possible?

Citizenship process faces retrogression! Is that possible?

Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

tijbedi is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Citizenship process faces retrogression! Is that possible?

I filed my N-400 at the St. Albans VT office in April 2006 at that time the processing date for applications was Jan 10, 2006. Suddenly this month they moved it back to Nov 30th 2005 how is that possible? Can someone please explain? I use this link https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/js...ectedOffice=64 to check the status of my application.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:59 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship process faces retrogression! Is that possible?

Originally Posted by tijbedi
Can someone please explain?
The dates reflect the oldest case still on the shelf. It's possible that they found a stack of old cases that had not yet been processed. If you really want some peace of mind, let the application take it's course and don't bother looking at the processing dates! It's the first step on the road to madness.

Ian
Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I filed my N-400 at the St. Albans VT office in April 2006 at that time the processing date for applications was Jan 10, 2006. Suddenly this month they moved it back to Nov 30th 2005 how is that possible? Can someone please explain? I use this link https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/js...ectedOffice=64 to check the status of my application.

Why are you checking VSC? Try the district office you are dealing with. The SC is virtually only a holding tank for the N-400. They send you out for the biometrics but hold on to the petition until the DO tells them they have free time to set up the interview.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:07 pm
Mh

In article <[email protected]> ,
tijbedi <member49057@british_expats.com> wrote:
    >I filed my N-400 at the St. Albans VT office in April 2006 at that time
    >the processing date for applications was Jan 10, 2006. Suddenly this
    >month they moved it back to Nov 30th 2005 how is that possible? Can
    >someone please explain? I use this link https://egov.immigration.gov/cr-
    >is/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=64 to check the status of
    >my application.

Here's what they do (sort of): look at the application at the top of the
pile, and put that date into this web page.

Usually, the pile's sorted in date order, but not always.

It's not uncommon for time to move backwards at the USCIS..

MH

Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Why are you checking VSC? Try the district office you are dealing with. The SC is virtually only a holding tank for the N-400. They send you out for the biometrics but hold on to the petition until the DO tells them they have free time to set up the interview.
So whats my district office?
Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:46 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

lol, where do you live? (rhetorical!)

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldo...ices/index.htm

Look it up, then go to the Case Processing page and pull down for your office. Look at N-400 and check it out. USCIS' stated goal is to adjudicate within 6 months, and most offices are doing a pretty good job at it.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Angry Re: Citizenship process faces retrogression! Is that possible?

Thanks guys, although I filed at the St. Albans VT office, seems like my case will finally end up in New York City office, who show a date of Feb 2006.

Last edited by tijbedi; Jun 15th 2006 at 12:03 am.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 12:18 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

How do I know. I ain't got a clue where you live or where you went for your AOS interview if you hadn't moved since then. You should know the answer to that; not me.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 12:21 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, although I filed at the St. Albans VT office, seems like my case will finally end up in New York City office, who show a date of Feb 2006.
Snappy!

Start studying!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

Omigoodness!

@!$*^!

Were you serious when asking this question?

Old Jun 15th 2006, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Alright Chill guys, the dude said that I was checking VSC so just wanted to make sure what he meant.