Citizenship Interview

Old Mar 11th 2022, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Interview

Congratulations to them, thanks for sharing.
Old Mar 11th 2022, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

newadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rete and Tom.
Quick recap of timeline:
Got greencard Jul 2016
Applied for citizenship Jul 2021
Rec'd notice of interview Feb 2022
Interview and oath ceremony Mar 2022
Old Mar 11th 2022, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute

The test is also laughably easy.
Old Mar 12th 2022, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Frugal_Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to your wife and kids newadventure ! My husband just had his N-400 interview yesterday in Sacramento (after filing in Jan 2021). He also got the first 6 civics questions right. Like your wife, he had listed a traffic incident (speeding) on his application, and the officer questioned him about it but did not remove it. He was actually cited and not just detained, so perhaps that is the difference. Oath ceremony is in 2 weeks, no guests will be permitted due to Covid. I appreciated reading your timeline and report!

Last edited by Frugal_Squirrel; Mar 12th 2022 at 4:46 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2022, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to you all!

I have my N400 interview next week - did your wife take much/need much for the interview?
Old Mar 15th 2022, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

newadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste
I have my N400 interview next week - did your wife take much/need much for the interview?
As per the instructions on the form 797-C:
The form itself, a black or blue pen, green card, passport (and previous passport, not sure if this was nec), birth certificate for her and the children on her application, marriage certificate and a print out of travel dates since she got her green card. No tax records taken along.
She dressed reasonably smartly, which was helpful as the oath ceremony was 1hr after the interview.
All pretty straightforward - good luck!
Old Mar 15th 2022, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Frugal_Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

Greetings Maste, for my husband's interview last week he followed the instructions on the letter and brought:
--the letter itself
-- a blue or black pen
--green card
--UK passport and previous expired UK passports to show travel
--copies of any documents that were uploaded with the application
--face mask was required in the building

Also brought everything else that we thought might be even remotely relevant:
--a list of travel dates for easy reference (this was useful as they asked for these dates)
--employment documentation/W2/pay stubs (not asked for)
--documentation related to old traffic ticket (they asked about the citation but did not ask to see the paperwork)
--birth certificate (not asked for)
--marriage certificate (not asked for, but note he was applying as a 5 year LPR, not on the basis of marriage)
--some documentation related to a recent legal name change of myself the USC spouse (they asked for more details about this but did not ask to see the court document)
--last 3 years of tax returns (not asked for)

I would say, bring anything that substantiates the information you included in your application, especially if you feel it might need explaining. The officer in our case was most interested in foreign travel, and details of any arrests, infractions or citations.

Good luck and best wishes!
Old Mar 16th 2022, 5:26 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frugal_Squirrel
Greetings Maste, for my husband's interview last week he followed the instructions on the letter and brought:
--the letter itself
-- a blue or black pen
--green card
--UK passport and previous expired UK passports to show travel
--copies of any documents that were uploaded with the application
--face mask was required in the building

Also brought everything else that we thought might be even remotely relevant:
--a list of travel dates for easy reference (this was useful as they asked for these dates) .....
I took a pile of various papers and documents, carefully labled and indexed. I placed them on the corner of the desk when I sat down, and the pile stayed there, untouched until I picked it up as I was leaving.

Like the other steps in the immigration process, for most people the decision has already been made before you enter the interview room.

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 16th 2022 at 5:28 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2022, 5:30 pm
dah diddly dah

btar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond repute

A very helpful posting, thank-you.
The travel question looks a bit onerous, is it all travel or just that outside the US and over what period of time?
Old Mar 16th 2022, 5:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by btar
A very helpful posting, thank-you.
The travel question looks a bit onerous, is it all travel or just that outside the US and over what period of time?
OUTSIDE OF THE US

Why? 'cause being outside of the US for x amount of time during your eligibility period (either 5 years or 3 years if still married to a US Citizen) can cause a rejection of your application.