11 January 2013.......Booked Medical
21 January 2013.......Attended Medical
28 January 2013.......DS-230 & DS-2001 Mailed
29 January 2013.......DS-230 & DS-2001 Delivered
02 March 2013.........Interview Appointment Letter Received
07 March 2013.........Interview Attended -- Visa Approved
12 March 2013.........Immigrant Visa Received via Courier
12 March 2013.........USCIS Immigrant Fee Paid

Note; CR-1 Visa approved exactly four months from date of posting Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative to USCIS in London
Is this not the fee we paid in the Embassy?
Old Mar 12th 2013, 5:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: chris197337's Visa Fee question

Originally Posted by chris197337
This might be the new Green Card Production Fee.

Rene
Old Mar 12th 2013, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

richbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris197337
Since February 1, 2013, all individuals issued an immigrant visa overseas must pay a $165 USD USCIS Immigrant Fee before traveling to the United States. The fee is to be paid after the immigrant visa has been issued, but before the applicant travels to the United States on the visa.

Having received payment instructions with the package I received from the embassy, I visited www.uscis.gov/immigrantfee and followed the simple instructions, making full payment using my UK AMEX Credit Card. I also printed a copy of the receipt to provide to the United States Immigration Officer at the Point of Entry to the United States.

Hope this helps mate,

Rich.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 5:17 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
This might be the new Green Card Production Fee.

Rene
It is that. $165 I believe.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 5:18 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richbogle84
The fee is to be paid after the immigrant visa has been issued, but before the applicant travels to the United States on the visa.
Not quite true. Having not paid the feee will not stop someone holding the visa from entering the US, but they wont receive the GC before paying the fee.

Last edited by civilservant; Mar 12th 2013 at 5:23 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 5:22 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Since February 1, 2013, all individuals issued an immigrant visa overseas must pay a $165 USD USCIS Immigrant Fee before traveling to the United States. The fee is to be paid after the immigrant visa has been issued, but before the applicant travels to the United States on the visa.
I don't think this is correct. I believe the fee can be paid after arrival in the USA. You just won't receive the plastic green card in the mail until that fee is paid.

Rene
Old Mar 12th 2013, 5:23 pm
Often not so civil...

I don't think this is correct. I believe the fee can be paid after arrival in the USA. You just won't receive the plastic green card in the mail until that fee is paid.

Rene
I just said that
Old Mar 12th 2013, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by civilservant
I just said that
Sorry, cross-posted.

Rene
Old Mar 12th 2013, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

richbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite true. Having not paid the feee will not stop someone holding the visa from entering the US, but they wont receive the GC before paying the fee.
Hi both,

While there may indeed be a lot of truth to what you are saying, I was simply relaying the information datailed on this fee payment instructions document which I received along with my passport, brown envelope, etc, in the days following my interview at the US Embassy in London.

Kind Regards,
Rich.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 8:58 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Proving once again that the Bureau of Consular Services may not be the best place to obtain information about USCIS, and vice versa?

USCIS itself say that the fee is to be paid after receiving the visa and prior to departing for the USA. But it then goes on to describe the consequences of failure to pay.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

Regards, JEff

Hi both,

While there may indeed be a lot of truth to what you are saying, I was simply relaying the information datailed on this fee payment instructions document which I received along with my passport, brown envelope, etc, in the days following my interview at the US Embassy in London.

Kind Regards,
Rich.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Proving once again that the Bureau of Consular Services may not be the best place to obtain information about USCIS, and vice versa? Regards, JEff
You may be on to something with that Jeff!

I was thinking about it last night, and although it may not be an issue for the new immigrant at POE, they still won't receive a Green Card. That's not such a big deal I figured, since the endorsed visa in an immigrant's passport, serves as an I-551 (Green Card).

When I looked again at the new visa in my passport however, it says that upon endorsement, it serves as a temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for one year. So while failure to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee may not cause issues for a new immigrant at POE, they would have no evidence of permanent resident status after one year, which could cause significant issues.

In short, I think it's probably best to just pay the fee and avoid the risk.

Rich.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 12:26 pm
Often not so civil...

Oh I agree, I wasn't suggesting that you don't pay the fee, just that you don't NEED to pay it prior to using your visa. One could argue in some situations that it's easier not too, since it must be paid in dollars from a US bank account (which you might not have before entering)

Im thinking spefically about a DV Lottery winner who may well have no relatives in the US.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

One could argue in some situations that it's easier not too, since it must be paid in dollars from a US bank account (which you might not have before entering)
Hi civilservant,

I actually paid the USCIS Immigrant Fee on my UK Credit Card [AMEX] and if memory serves me correctly, I could have used visa, mastercard, etc, at the point of payment online.

Chris; didn't you get USCIS Immigrant Fee payment instructions when you received the package from the Immigrant Visa Unit via courier?

Kind Regards, Rich.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:39 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

That' also what the USCIS says in the link I provided.

Regards, JEff

When I looked again at the new visa in my passport however, it says that upon endorsement, it serves as a temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for one year.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really nice

We didn't receive any information about this new fee when my husband had his visa approved back in October. However he arrived in the USA after Feb 1 and we are still waiting on his green card. Do we think that he may have to pay this fee and this could be what is holding up then mailing his green card?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.