Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Chippy's Questions on Immigrant Visa & Waiver of Ineligibility

Chippy's Questions on Immigrant Visa & Waiver of Ineligibility

Old Oct 21st 2011, 9:19 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chippy's Questions on Immigrant Visa & Waiver of Ineligibility

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
I do note the qualifying language, but I want to emphasize for others that one should never make "assumptions" -- it often gets one in trouble.

On the subject of assumptions, it is an interesting exercise to Google "green leafy substance." This is one of the links that shows up. I wonder what kind of training OP has had to accurately determine that the joint actually contained marijuana?
lol, Twice isn't enough I guess. Maybe louder?
Old Oct 21st 2011, 10:12 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Well thanks all for your replies. The overwhelming response to my plight is really quite negative indeed. I guess I will have to tell the future Mrs. Chippy that we will have to look more seriously at her coming to Oz, not me to the US
Old Oct 21st 2011, 10:15 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chippy
Well thanks all for your replies. The overwhelming response to my plight is really quite negative indeed. I guess I will have to tell the future Mrs. Chippy that we will have to look more seriously at her coming to Oz, not me to the US
Anything but have to pay a lawyer, eh? Can't say I blame ya.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 10:20 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Anything but have to pay a lawyer, eh? Can't say I blame ya.
Well pay a lawyer, and don't get in anyway! They know the rules, but they can't change them.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 10:22 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Well pay a lawyer, and don't get in anyway! They know the rules, but they can't change them.
There's wiggle room.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 10:24 pm
I'm lovin' it

There's wiggle room.
Not quite sure what you mean there FB
Old Oct 21st 2011, 10:26 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

"Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest." Paul Simon
Old Oct 21st 2011, 10:28 pm
I'm lovin' it

There is a kudos surrounding lawyers which I'm not so sure they deserve. Unfortunately their customers (the public) seem to promote it.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 10:31 pm
Septicity

Not quite sure what you mean there FB
Well for a start you haven't produced the facts. If you find a decent. experienced immigration lawyer (harder done than said but there are a few out there), I'd expect him or her to gather every document that's ever come out of this sorry tale, sit ya down, and question ya at length before even offering ya a conclusion. Maybe they think there's a chance of wiggling ya through, or maybe they don't. But don't discount a wiggle.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 10:36 pm
I'm lovin' it

Well for a start you haven't produced the facts. If you find a decent. experienced immigration lawyer (harder done than said but there are a few out there), I'd expect him or her to gather every document that's ever come out of this sorry tale, sit ya down, and question ya at length before even offering ya a conclusion. Maybe they think there's a chance of wiggling ya through, or maybe they don't. But don't discount a wiggle.
I'm wondering if it would be best to get a lawyer in US or here in Oz.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 10:37 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
"Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest." Paul Simon
You think I've done that here...?
Old Oct 21st 2011, 10:39 pm
Septicity

I'm wondering if it would be best to get a lawyer in US or here in Oz.
Best to get a lawyer who's successfully handled cases like yours. Doesn't matter where they're based with the ease of today's communications.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 8:34 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

There is a kudos surrounding lawyers which I'm not so sure they deserve. Unfortunately their customers (the public) seem to promote it.
Despite mentioning in an earlier post that I think you need a really good immigration lawyer, I also completely agree with you on this point. As for fatbrit's mention of the process having some wiggle room, you may still only be looking at a tiny chance of success. The questions I would be asking myself in your shoes would be a) how badly do I need and/or want to live in the USA and b) given the immense difficulties of the case and huge potential for being denied, is it worth paying an attorneys vastly inflated fees with no guarantees of getting what you want at the end of it?
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

Let me put it this way: if you had sought legal counsel before applying for a B1 visa, you'd probably be in a much better position right now. Also, you may want to look at the case of John Lennon, discussed in some of Mr Folinsky's older posts in this forum.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I think Folinsky is hinting that you may be able to claim that you thought/assumed it was MJ you were smoking, but that you could always be wrong.

OOC, if a waiver is acceptable for non-immigrant visas, then can the OP apply for a K1 - which is technically a NIV?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.