Wikiposts

child uk re-entry visa

Old Apr 19th 2010, 8:33 am
Just Joined

ameoba5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question child uk re-entry visa

Hi

I have just got my uk permanent residencey but my daughter (4 years old)who was born here and has always lived here has a Filipino passport. We want to go on holiday to the Philippines but how do I get my daughter back into the uk?

The websites I have looked at seem to say the application must be made abroad!

But she is in the uk now, so is it possible to get visa for her to return here?
Old Apr 19th 2010, 12:46 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: child uk re-entry visa

Was she not included on your application for permanent residence?

Alternatively - just apply for her to be registered as a British citizen. Then she can have a British passport ...
Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
Was she not included on your application for permanent residence?

Alternatively - just apply for her to be registered as a British citizen. Then she can have a British passport ...
Thanks for the reply, I did initially include her in my application, but they kept turning us down so I took her off. Her father is German and has not applied for permanent residency and this seem to complicate matters.

I am no longer living with my husband and I think I need his assistance to get a German passport for my daughter.

How long would it take to apply for permanent residency for my daughter and isn't expensive? Is there an alternative that quicker and cheaper?
Old Apr 20th 2010, 3:32 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ameoba5
Thanks for the reply, I did initially include her in my application, but they kept turning us down so I took her off. Her father is German and has not applied for permanent residency and this seem to complicate matters.

I am no longer living with my husband and I think I need his assistance to get a German passport for my daughter.
Your daughter is a German citizen, probably ... contact the German Embassy to see what proof is needed to get her a German passport.

How long would it take to apply for permanent residency for my daughter and isn't expensive? Is there an alternative that quicker and cheaper?
Forget permanent residence, if she was born in the UK, you can apply directly for British citizenship under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/br...izen/borninuk/

Processing time for British citizenship, 1-2 months usually, and perhaps a few weeks after that to get a British passport.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 3:16 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your help.