Parisangel will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Child Born in USA

Thank you so much!
Old Jan 11th 2016, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Parisangel
Our daughter was recently born here in Houston, Texas. Interested to hear experiences of getting U.S. passports, and if she can get dual nationality as we are both British citizens.

Thanks!
US passport was the easiest passport to get. Fill in forms, print, go to town hall with kid and misses. Pay some money. wait 2 weeks passport arrived.

Myself and wife are not US citizens.

The kids passport for Irish, English, Australian were all a PITA to get compared to USA Passport.
Old Jan 11th 2016, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

fozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond reputefozzyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shorrock
US passport was the easiest passport to get. Fill in forms, print, go to town hall with kid and misses. Pay some money. wait 2 weeks passport arrived.

Myself and wife are not US citizens.

The kids passport for Irish, English, Australian were all a PITA to get compared to USA Passport.
We never had any problems gettin DD's UK passport.

UK passport office accepted her US(California) both cert with no questions. Maybe a bit easier as we only applied for it after we were back in the UK

Was a bit nerve wracking at LHR coming back as she only had US passport then and was moving back permenantly but the officer didn't give us any issues.
Old Jan 12th 2016, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by fozzyb
We never had any problems gettin DD's UK passport.

UK passport office accepted her US(California) both cert with no questions. Maybe a bit easier as we only applied for it after we were back in the UK

Was a bit nerve wracking at LHR coming back as she only had US passport then and was moving back permenantly but the officer didn't give us any issues.
Just more hoops to jump through for a UK / Irish passport. With the kids passport I had to get a counter signer that knew me or the kid for some time. Which meant going to my kids doctor getting them to sign the paperwork and PAY them for a "consult".

My Kids Australian passport, I had to register them as Australian citizens which also required counter sign (see above). Once I got that bit of paper (up to 3 months) I then had to apply for a Aus passport. Which required a flight to San Fran for a face to face (no kid required).

Like I said, getting a USA passport was the easiest one to get. I printed out the form, got 1 photo, wife, kid and I turned up at the town hall who checked the paper work. 2 weeks later pp arrive. No counter signing and the form was the easiest one to fill in.

I will also say that out of all the passports they have. The USA one is the most beautiful of them all.
Old Jan 12th 2016, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Parisangel will become famous soon enough

Thanks!!
Old Jan 13th 2016, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shorrock
Just more hoops to jump through for a UK / Irish passport. With the kids passport I had to get a counter signer that knew me or the kid for some time. Which meant going to my kids doctor getting them to sign the paperwork and PAY them for a "consult".

My Kids Australian passport, I had to register them as Australian citizens which also required counter sign (see above). Once I got that bit of paper (up to 3 months) I then had to apply for a Aus passport. Which required a flight to San Fran for a face to face (no kid required).

Like I said, getting a USA passport was the easiest one to get. I printed out the form, got 1 photo, wife, kid and I turned up at the town hall who checked the paper work. 2 weeks later pp arrive. No counter signing and the form was the easiest one to fill in.

I will also say that out of all the passports they have. The USA one is the most beautiful of them all.
Yes, but you have to show up in person to hand in that first US passport application. Also, citizenship by birth (especially US citizenship by birth) is easier to prove than citizenship by descent.