Checking I-751 status

Old Jul 6th 2005, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough
Default Checking I-751 status

Can anyone pass on the website to check the status of my I-751 status.

I have just filed it last week and got the letter telling me I have my GC extended for 1 year yesterday.

I am filing in NSC and the letter seemed to indicate that that SC is taking 6 months to process the application.

Thanks
Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:18 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Checking I-751 status

Originally Posted by BritishInOhio

I have just filed it last week and got the letter telling me I have my GC extended for 1 year yesterday.

I am filing in NSC and the letter seemed to indicate that that SC is taking 6 months to process the application.

Thanks
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/js...enter=Nebraska

I filed in Feb 2004 and am still waiting, don't hold your breath.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:25 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Hi:

An FAQ -- those applications are NOT traceable on-line.

Also, the SC's do NOT deny I-751's unless it is "prima facie" deniable, e.g. you file a joint petition based on your wedding anniversary rather than your LPR anniversary [fairly common].

What the SC's do is either approve the case without an interview OR they refer it to the local districts for further work including an interview.

The point being is that the SC may have well completed THEIR processing and if the case if referred, you don't have any notice of what is happening.

You might want to try 800-misinformation or InfoPass.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:59 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
What the SC's do is either approve the case without an interview OR they refer it to the local districts for further work including an interview.
ok question now Folinskyinla if you please.

Jan_michigan filed in June 2004 and has received her approval from NSC and everything with her is hunky dory.

Mine was filed in Feb 2004 and I've not heard a peep since my letter extension NOA.

Are you saying it may be referred back to Detroit Office for further processing and what not?
That will probably mean I am needing an interview with Mrs Manc.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 2:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc

Jan_michigan filed in June 2004 and has received her approval from NSC and everything with her is hunky dory.

Mine was filed in Feb 2004 and I've not heard a peep since my letter extension NOA.

Are you saying it may be referred back to Detroit Office for further processing and what not?

Mrs. Manc is going to interview ya? Can we come? Or at least video tape the bloody thing. Inquiring minds not only want to hear the questions, but are salivating to learn the answers ;-)

Seriously, an interview might not necessarily to be forthcoming. They do take, at random, petitions which are used for training sessions. It is quite possible that Jan's was one of them. So unless you are past the so-called timeline date, there is still hope your approval will be without interview.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/js...enter=Nebraska

I filed in Feb 2004 and am still waiting, don't hold your breath.

Thanks Manc, so did you call them after 8 months? Do you get another extension letter once your first year one runs out?
Old Jul 6th 2005, 4:07 pm
Account Closed

Hi:

Its hard to tell. From my experience, it goes all over the planet. Many years ago I had a waiver of the condition application [then on form I-752, I still call I-751 waiver applications "I-752" and younger colleagues wonder what the hell I am talking about], which are ALWAYS interviewed, right? Especially a case that marriage broke up within 2 months after LPR grant? I documented that case up the kazoo. Approval without interview. Timeline: mailed on Monday, approval received on Thursday. This was in 1993 and I've never had it happen again -- but I was shocked.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 6:41 pm
@matthewb76

Thanks Manc, so did you call them after 8 months? Do you get another extension letter once your first year one runs out?
No, I have called the 1800 line and he told me to wait until August at least to hear anything,

and you don't get another extension letter. But you can go to the local district office for another I-551 stamp if needbe.

I'm not arsed about having an interview, still a happily married bunny....

thanks to Mr. F and Rete too for their info.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 12:05 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
I was under the impression that it's not possible to check the status of I-751s on the USCIS website. At least every time I tried, I got some kind of error and I thought I've read on this newsgroup that one can't check the status I-751s online either.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

No, I have called the 1800 line and he told me to wait until August at least to hear anything,

and you don't get another extension letter. But you can go to the local district office for another I-551 stamp if needbe.

I'm not arsed about having an interview, still a happily married bunny....

thanks to Mr. F and Rete too for their info.
So if you don't get a stamp after your 1 year extension letter is done are you still OK to live and work here?
Old Jul 7th 2005, 5:33 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

So if you don't get a stamp after your 1 year extension letter is done are you still OK to live and work here?
Yes, it's OK even if you don't go get the stamp.

Rene
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:09 pm
Account Closed

Hi:

Yes it is. It is common error to conflate the STATUS of lawful permanent residence with the EVIDENCE of such status.

I often tell my clients that "there is no magic" in the I-551 card. If your wallet is stolen with the I-551 card, you are still a permanent resident.

BTW, it pays to remember that one remains a LPR for the entire time that the I-751 is pending. This includes eligibility for naturalization.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

BTW, it pays to remember that one remains a LPR for the entire time that the I-751 is pending. This includes eligibility for naturalization.
So a year from now even if I have not got my 10 year card I can apply for citizenship? Providing the wife keeps me around until then!
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:13 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

So a year from now even if I have not got my 10 year card I can apply for citizenship? Providing the wife keeps me around until then!

Yup, that is what my husband did ... filed for naturalization 90 days before the 3 year point and he hadn't heard about his removal petition until 3 weeks before the actual naturalization interview which was 18 months after sending in the I-751.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:54 pm
Jonathan McNeil Wong

NC Penguin wrote:
    >>Can anyone pass on the website to check the status of my I-751 status.
    >>I have just filed it last week and got the letter telling me I have my
    >>GC extended for 1 year yesterday.
    >>I am filing in NSC and the letter seemed to indicate that that SC is
    >>taking 6 months to process the application.
    >>Thanks
    >
    >
    > I was under the impression that it's not possible to check the status of
    > I-751s on the USCIS website. At least every time I tried, I got some
    > kind of error and I thought I've read on this newsgroup that one can't
    > check the status I-751s online either.
    >

Quite right; I-751s are not tracked in CLAIMS and therefore don't dump
to the online database. The legacy of government bidding procedures.

--
Above intended as general commentary, not specific legal
advice. Your mileage may vary.

================================================== =============
Jonathan McNeil Wong Voice: 510-451-0544
Donahue Gallagher Woods LLP Facsimile: 510-832-1486
P.O. Box 12979 URL: http://www.donahue.com
Oakland, CA 94604-2979 E-mail: [email protected]
================================================== =============

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.