Charlotte Office?

Old Apr 15th 2001, 3:05 pm
exyz

novios <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> >Does anyone know if the Charlotte Office will be open this monday,[/usenetquote2]
16th?
[usenetquote2]> >Tks.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
will
    >
    >
Dont' think there is a federal easter holiday. The Social security office was open in
Durham on Friday (we finally got our act together to get copies of our SS cards).,
and that's a federal office. I'm pretty sure the iNS in Charlotte willl be open
Monday as well.

Elaine

Old Apr 15th 2001, 3:17 pm
exyz

>

>
    >
    >
    >

Of course, you can do the AP totally by mail. Only took 5 weeks last October.

[usenetquote2]> >we were instructed upon returning in 2-3 months for the EAD, that[/usenetquote2]
we were to
[usenetquote2]> >go straight in through a door past the bathrooms and just wait. no[/usenetquote2]
number
[usenetquote2]> >needed, no nothing. only that we wait until we're called for. are[/usenetquote2]
u familiar
[usenetquote2]> >with anything like that?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
the
    >
they
    >
    >
    >
Spouses
    >
    >
    >
have
    >
at a
    >
you
    >
    >
can
    >

My husband got his EAD there last summer. His appointment was for 10am, he arrived at
9:30, stuck the letter in the slot and they called his name on time. There were 4 of
them called together and it took all of 10 minutes. They take a print, take your
picture and give you the card. He said that the staff was professional, efficent but
barely looked at his documentation. They were happy he spoke English. He also said
that it seemed like there were 100 people waiting around to be seen (for other
reasons). I don't think he got a piece of paper about a renewa;, but we sent ours in
last month (his EAD expires end of June). Of course 2 weeks later, we got the
interview notice....

Be SURE to check all of your information before leaving the building!
    >
we
    >
getting
    >
without
    >
    >
    >
street
    >
and
    >
    >

We come from Chapel Hill. Even though our interview isn't till 10:45, we're taking
no chances...we going down the night before. Greensboro traffic is hideous,
especially monday morning. . There's a Hilton nearby. Don't stay there. It sucks. My
husband was lying on the bed and someone came into his room by mistake. He said the
hotel was just hideous in addition. I stayed home when he got the EAD...too much
work. We're staying somewhere else when we go for the interview in 2 wks. I forget
the name, though.

Elaine

Old Apr 15th 2001, 10:21 pm
novios

exyz
[usenetquote2]>> >Does anyone know if the Charlotte Office will be open this monday,[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> >Tks.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> should be, the fed holiday was observed friday. i know the schools[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> still be out, though.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

oops : ) my bad, meant state/local gov agencies. we were off friday but
return monday.

Old Apr 16th 2001, 12:23 am
Betastar

>

That's not too bad - though his expired just around Xmas and we NEED it for then
because this year it's his mother's turn to have us for the holidays. =) We'll
probably do them by mail, though...

>
    >

Cool - at least they're doing SOMETHING quickly.

>
    >
    >

We always go the night before. Well, I guess if the appointment were in the afternoon
we might go that morning...

>
    >

Well, again, if you don't like it and you have to go back (hope not!) then the
Holiday Inn is pretty good. =)

Old Apr 16th 2001, 1:40 am
exyz

>
wrote:
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >Of course, you can do the AP totally by mail. Only took 5 weeks[/usenetquote2]
last
[usenetquote2]> >October.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
NEED
    >
    >
    >
If your husband's EAD expires in December, I'd send the renewal in October.
ALthough ours was done in a fairly short time, I've heard by November the times
just about double.

I give us a 50/50 chance of getting the stamp on the 30th. If they are a stickler for
the medical, we'll have to repeat parts of it...my husband's medical is over 15
months old.

Elaine

Old Apr 16th 2001, 8:45 am
Betastar

>
    >
    >

Yup - we're sending the papers the day we're allowed to, overnight.

>
    >
    >

As I keep saying, PLEASE keep us updated. Reinhard's K1 medical will be over a year
old by the time they get around to us, and I'm also wondering if it'll have to be
redone. (Of course, Charlotte will totally change their policy by the time it comes
to us )

Old Apr 16th 2001, 10:32 am
exyz

>
wrote:
    >
[usenetquote2]> >If your husband's EAD expires in December, I'd send the renewal in October.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >ALthough ours was done in a fairly short time, I've heard[/usenetquote2]
by
[usenetquote2]> >November the times just about double.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >I give us a 50/50 chance of getting the stamp on the 30th. If they are a stickler[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >for the medical, we'll have to repeat parts of[/usenetquote2]
it...my
[usenetquote2]> >husband's medical is over 15 months old.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
will
    >
    >
    >

I will share all the gory details. Although, I thought that if you were doing the K1
route, once you had the medical that was it. We filed via the I-130 in the US. And I
made an error above...I meant that if your AP expires near Xmas, do it early. I once
had a rather testy "information officer" tell me that "everyone's parents get sick at
Christmas" (this was before we filed we were trying to learn about the process, and
we rather stupidly called the INS thinking that it was their function to give us
information. Instead I learned that their function was to tell me I was stupid. Duh

Elaine

Elaine