Change of Status whilst in US

Old Jun 16th 2021, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

BAF1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change of Status whilst in US

Hi, I was wondering if anyone on this forum can help me out with my current situation.

The current situation is... I was on an E2 visa (as a manager) and the company was sold a few months back, since then I have had a change of status approved for an L1A visa which means I can stay and continue to work in the US but as soon as I leave the country I need to complete an interview in the US Embassy (in London) to get the physical visa in my passport to be able to return to the US.

The issue is my wife and I had a child in January just before this all started and we want to head back to the UK to introduce the little guy to his grandparents and other family, but if we go back to the UK from everything I'm reading says we wouldn't be able to get the required interview to come back to the US. This becomes even more complicated as the little guy will need vaccinations etc. so we really can't afford to be stuck for an indefinite amount of time in the UK.

I have seen there is the possibility of getting a visa as a third party national in other countries such as Canada and Mexico, Canada is still a no go for interviews, but Mexico city says it's doing interviews for non-immigrant visas in 2 calendar days.

My questions are, am i correct in thinking this is a possibility? Has anyone here got experience of this, and if so how did it go? or is there a better way to go, am I misunderstanding anything relevant to our current situation?

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance you can offer
Old Jun 16th 2021, 4:14 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of Status whilst in US

Originally Posted by BAF1983
Hi, I was wondering if anyone on this forum can help me out with my current situation.

The current situation is... I was on an E2 visa (as a manager) and the company was sold a few months back, since then I have had a change of status approved for an L1A visa which means I can stay and continue to work in the US but as soon as I leave the country I need to complete an interview in the US Embassy (in London) to get the physical visa in my passport to be able to return to the US.

The issue is my wife and I had a child in January just before this all started and we want to head back to the UK to introduce the little guy to his grandparents and other family, but if we go back to the UK from everything I'm reading says we wouldn't be able to get the required interview to come back to the US. This becomes even more complicated as the little guy will need vaccinations etc. so we really can't afford to be stuck for an indefinite amount of time in the UK.

I have seen there is the possibility of getting a visa as a third party national in other countries such as Canada and Mexico, Canada is still a no go for interviews, but Mexico city says it's doing interviews for non-immigrant visas in 2 calendar days.

My questions are, am i correct in thinking this is a possibility? Has anyone here got experience of this, and if so how did it go? or is there a better way to go, am I misunderstanding anything relevant to our current situation?

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance you can offer
Even if you can and can get an appointment, you could be denied, meaning you would have to return to the UK anyway. Does not seem like a great risk to take right now. At 6 months old your child will barley have the vaccinations required for travel under normal circumstances, let alone CV19.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 12:09 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
Even if you can and can get an appointment, you could be denied, meaning you would have to return to the UK anyway. Does not seem like a great risk to take right now. At 6 months old your child will barley have the vaccinations required for travel under normal circumstances, let alone CV19.
I agree with this. You are running the risk of being denied anyway, might as well be in a place you can stay for good if you are.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

hutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAF1983
approved for an L1A ,
The issue is my wife and I had a child in January just before this all started and we want to head back to the UK to introduce the little guy to his grandparents and other family, but if we go back to the UK from everything I'm reading says we wouldn't be able to get the required interview to come back to the US.

congrats! and same sep'20. I have looked in depth at locations, i ran up a current list of embassies in the atlantic area, REF: ais.visa.info put in an application to every reasonable location, and just check it now and then for timely options , i completed this on the cusp of covid at approval time (may 2020) but was then advised against travel by the attorneys for the stamp, even now.

it is now less than a year until our L1 extension expires, so our hopes, future hopes at that, are on our current GC application (March). This for me is the only way I would leave and return considering the current travel restrictions until attorney says 'ok'. The GC could take a few years more if succesful, oh well!, I have home projects planned, kids 1st bedroom decor, 'Male bathroom' to appease the wife.

its much more likely that our folks will come out here if the travel restrictions are lifted.