Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Change of Status Delays... speed processing?

Wikiposts

Change of Status Delays... speed processing?

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Sparklehorse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change of Status Delays... speed processing?

Hi, good day to all.

I recently filed in the application for a change of status from F-2 to F-1 Visa via. my University (i am an incoming undergrad in US). It was sent back with a I-797 notice of action saying that the form was not signed properly. That's fine and all, so I corrected it and plan to send it back, but the problem is because of the delay, it is unlikely that the f-1 status will be approved before class starts. However, on the I-797, the last line saids "Please resumbit this entire package, including any fee payments.. etc... To speed processing, please leave this notice on top" My question is, what is this speed processing? Since I was given a receipt number on my I-539, does that mean my application goes back in line as the date when I first submitted it? Or it is going back to the bottom of the pile?

Thank you very much
Andrew