Wikiposts

Change of Address

Old Mar 21st 2006, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice
Default Change of Address

Hey,
I am a non-US citizten who arrived into the US on a fiancee visa last year and am currently waiting on my I-485 to be approved. I moved from NY to Ohio last November and submited my change of address form (AR-11 i think). I also notified both the immigration office in New York and in Columbus of my change of address. I then phone the 1800 number to inform them. They said I had completed all steps and should recieve a notice from immigration notifying me that my address was changed. The notice never came and I phoned back in January, Febraury and now March. Each time they say there must have been some mistake, take my details, tell me to wait for the notice to come in the post (a few weeks) but it NEVER comes !.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I could do to find out where my case is !???.

Thanks,
Old Mar 21st 2006, 6:53 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of Address

Originally Posted by MrDub
Hey,
I am a non-US citizten who arrived into the US on a fiancee visa last year and am currently waiting on my I-485 to be approved. I moved from NY to Ohio last November and submited my change of address form (AR-11 i think). I also notified both the immigration office in New York and in Columbus of my change of address. I then phone the 1800 number to inform them. They said I had completed all steps and should recieve a notice from immigration notifying me that my address was changed. The notice never came and I phoned back in January, Febraury and now March. Each time they say there must have been some mistake, take my details, tell me to wait for the notice to come in the post (a few weeks) but it NEVER comes !.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I could do to find out where my case is !???.

Thanks,
Congressmans Office! They were great with me and kept in regular touch in Columbus for me..

Go here, http://www.house.gov type in your Zip and it will tell you who your rep is.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 7:11 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrDub

Thanks,
Make an InfoPass appointment and go speak to a live human being?
They were very helpful to us in tracking down a lost application.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 1:08 am
Guest21

Yes I agree book an Info pass.
I have moved a few times in just over 2 years and never got a recepit back on a couple of occasions?
Did you send it certified mail ie did you track it?

Whiskers