Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

CEAC showing administrative processing when VO said it was approved no issues

CEAC showing administrative processing when VO said it was approved no issues

Old Oct 8th 2014, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Chirkulji is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CEAC showing administrative processing when VO said it was approved no issues

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It is not unusual for there to be a delay of several weeks.

This is normal - especially if you didn't receive a form from the officer.

No one can say.

However, if your case has gone into actual "Administrative Processing" (which is different from simply processing the visa and putting it in your passport), then it could take anywhere from 2 weeks to many months. During that time, there is no way to find out why you are in AP; no way to find out where you are in the process; and no way to find out how much longer it's going to take.

There is absolutely nothing you can do... but wait.

Ian

Hello Ian,
Thanks for your reply ....But VO did not give me any slip and he said my visa is approved. and what is actual Admin processing .....

Please reply your suggestion.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 2:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CEAC showing administrative processing when VO said it was approved no issues

Actual admin processing is when they're are several background and name checks done on you. Usually you are given a slip if that's the case.

Rene
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Now its 1 month and I am still waiting for my visa . I have sent mail to Support@usdocs and they are saying that it is in 221 g ..but how it can be ......please help me regarding that.
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 3:49 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

What kind of help are you looking for? If your case has gone to 221(g) admin processing, there is nothing more to say or do. You have to just wait.

Rene
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 5:30 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chirkulji
... they are saying that it is in 221 g ..but how it can be ......please help me regarding that.
As you've already been told - there is no way to find out why you are in AP; no way to find out where you are in the process; and no way to find out how much longer it's going to take.

All you can do is wait.

Ian
Old Oct 30th 2014, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
As you've already been told - there is no way to find out why you are in AP; no way to find out where you are in the process; and no way to find out how much longer it's going to take.

All you can do is wait.

Ian
Yes Ian,
thanks for your valuable reply . I just want to know that will i get my Passport with visa ....

As you told how much time it will take ..no one can say ...actually I have already resigned in my current company ...and my last working days in 23 December 2014 and I have submitted my passport on 23 September 2014 , its 5 weeks has been passed ..I did not get any mail . So i m worried . Hope i will get my passport before 15 December 2014. I really tankful to you for your reply .
Old Oct 30th 2014, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Actual admin processing is when they're are several background and name checks done on you. Usually you are given a slip if that's the case.

Rene
Hello Noorah101,
thanks for your reply . he did not give me any slip , he only told that he is issuing our visa and i will get my passport in 3-5 days and he returned my all documents only took our passport.

and its 5 weeks has been passed and still waiting for my passport. I only want to know that what are the chances that i will get my and my family passport with visa.

Thanks & regards.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to know that will i get my Passport with visa ....
There is really no way to know whether you will or won't.

I only want to know that what are the chances that i will get my and my family passport with visa.
There are only two possible outcomes from Administrative Processing: the visa will be approved, or it won't. Until AP is complete, you won't know which. Your chances are 50/50.

Ian
Old Oct 30th 2014, 2:02 pm

and its 5 weeks has been passed and still waiting for my passport. I only want to know that what are the chances that i will get my and my family passport with visa.
From what I've seen over the years, I'd say the majority of the people who get put into AP eventually get their passport and visa back. They don't get denied. However, there is no way to know WHEN that will happen. Be prepared to change your December travel plans. Also, we typically advise on here not to quit your job, sell your house, or buy an airline ticket until you have your visa in hand.

Rene
Old Nov 4th 2014, 10:04 am
Just Joined

From what I've seen over the years, I'd say the majority of the people who get put into AP eventually get their passport and visa back. They don't get denied. However, there is no way to know WHEN that will happen. Be prepared to change your December travel plans. Also, we typically advise on here not to quit your job, sell your house, or buy an airline ticket until you have your visa in hand.

Rene
Thanks For your valuable reply it gives me hope and I m waiting for my visa.
Old Nov 26th 2014, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Rene
after 2 month today my case update date has been changed to 26 nov 2014 but status is still admin process.
Old Nov 28th 2014, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Hello Noorah101,
Hope you are doing fine . I am very thankful to you for your valuable suggestion and support.

I have got my passport today with valid visa.

here is my case data.

Interview Date : 23 Sep 2014 ( VO said visa is approved )
Case status update : 26 Nov 2014
Case status update : issued (28 november 2014)

got my passport today i.e 28-11-2014
Old Nov 28th 2014, 3:17 pm

Great news! Congratulations!