Case Complete at NVC :)

Old Aug 13th 2008, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice
Default Case Complete at NVC :)

HI All

Just called the NVC Automated Line and got the good news that my case is Complete wooohooo ! Hopefully in a few days i will know my interview date

For Info : NVC requested more info on my husbands AOS and it was entered onto NVC system Friday 8th August

Case complete Tuesday 12th August so they do act fast on paperwork

I hope this gives a timeline for others that are possibly in same position as i was.

It's my 1st year wedding anniversary on Friday 15th August so i will call and ask if they have an interview date set for me in London

I will ofcourse keep you all updated on my journey

Michelle
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:21 pm
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of
Default Re: Case Complete at NVC :)

Hi Michelle

Congratulations, that's great news.

Hope you get your interview date in a few days.

I guess it could be cocktails on the beach by the end of September then!

Lyn
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the process AND your wedding anniversary

Originally Posted by jeffmich2007
HI All

Just called the NVC Automated Line and got the good news that my case is Complete wooohooo ! Hopefully in a few days i will know my interview date

For Info : NVC requested more info on my husbands AOS and it was entered onto NVC system Friday 8th August

I hope this gives a timeline for others that are possibly in same position as i was.

It's my 1st year wedding anniversary on Friday 15th August so i will call and ask if they have an interview date set for me in London

Michelle
Old Aug 14th 2008, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Nottinghamshire UK > Florida > UK 10days >Ireland > BACK IN NOTTINGHAMSHIRE UK
pcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nice

Hi congratulations Lynn told me you had just found out your case is complete.

I rang the NVC automated service last night and was told that my husband and my case was complete on 13th August. So we are also very excited.

They also asked us for extra info about our daughter, she is our sponsor. They received that 2 weeks ago.

Just need to wait for our appointments now.

Good luck.

Chris

HI All

Michelle
Old Aug 14th 2008, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice

Congrats Chris and to your wife also it is a relief to get case complete

Like i said before i will be calling tomorrow to see if i have interview date ...it might not be generated yet but im gonna try

I am thinking that it will be around the week of the 8th of Sept if my calculations are correct

It's been a long process for me and my hubby ...i have not seen him for close to a year as he doesn't have a passport and his job has now taken him out of town infact he is in Texas right now and his projects are 3 to 4 months at a time with no time off so it's been hard at tmes even though we talk every day on phone from 2 to 4 hours so we have a lot communication but nothing compares to being together...soon i will get there ( all going well at the embassy ) so for now im starting to pack and empty my house. I want to fly out ASAP like 2 days after i get visa in hand

I am sure it will work out for you and i bet you can't wait to be in USA
where in USA are you moving to ? I'm going to Naples, Florida

I will let you know my date when i get it

Michelle
Old Aug 15th 2008, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Location: Nottinghamshire UK > Florida > UK 10days >Ireland > BACK IN NOTTINGHAMSHIRE UK
pcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nice

Hi Michelle
Sorry i didn't make it clear I am the wife Chris short for Christine.
We will be living in Lakeland Florida all being well. Thats where our daughter and her family live. They have been there for the last ten years. Our son in law is a USC. They have two wonderful boys who we want to spend more time with. We are lucky that we do get over quite often, but it's not the same. People think it's going to be so amazing living in Florida. I do keep having to explain it's not the same as going on holiday. When we go we dont do all the tourist things. We just live an ordinary life. It wouldn't matter where they lived we would still want to be with them.
We are busy trying to sort our house out. We have decided to rent it out for now with the market being so bad. We are lucky we dont have to sell to be able to move. So we will wait until the market picks up. We have lived hear for 23 years so you can imagine the rubbish we have collected over the years. We are having a laugh at the things we have kept, and all the memories too.

It must be so hard for you but at least you are on the final leg. it will all be worth while when you are together.

I hope you hear something very soon. I will let you know when we hear something.

Chris

Congrats Chris and to your wife also it is a relief to get case complete

Like i said before i will be calling tomorrow to see if i have interview date ...it might not be generated yet but im gonna try

I am thinking that it will be around the week of the 8th of Sept if my calculations are correct

It's been a long process for me and my hubby ...i have not seen him for close to a year as he doesn't have a passport and his job has now taken him out of town infact he is in Texas right now and his projects are 3 to 4 months at a time with no time off so it's been hard at tmes even though we talk every day on phone from 2 to 4 hours so we have a lot communication but nothing compares to being together...soon i will get there ( all going well at the embassy ) so for now im starting to pack and empty my house. I want to fly out ASAP like 2 days after i get visa in hand

I am sure it will work out for you and i bet you can't wait to be in USA
where in USA are you moving to ? I'm going to Naples, Florida

I will let you know my date when i get it

Michelle
Old Aug 15th 2008, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pcmaccallum
Hi Michelle
Sorry i didn't make it clear I am the wife Chris short for Christine.
We will be living in Lakeland Florida all being well. Thats where our daughter and her family live. They have been there for the last ten years. Our son in law is a USC. They have two wonderful boys who we want to spend more time with. We are lucky that we do get over quite often, but it's not the same. People think it's going to be so amazing living in Florida. I do keep having to explain it's not the same as going on holiday. When we go we dont do all the tourist things. We just live an ordinary life. It wouldn't matter where they lived we would still want to be with them.
We are busy trying to sort our house out. We have decided to rent it out for now with the market being so bad. We are lucky we dont have to sell to be able to move. So we will wait until the market picks up. We have lived hear for 23 years so you can imagine the rubbish we have collected over the years. We are having a laugh at the things we have kept, and all the memories too.

It must be so hard for you but at least you are on the final leg. it will all be worth while when you are together.

I hope you hear something very soon. I will let you know when we hear something.

Chris

Chris My Apologies ...I am sorry i shoud have read what it said in your last message...so sorry
I know a lot people think its just gonna be like a vacation but it's not ...we will be living on the $ and wont have the luxury of the exchange rate of the £ which is always a boost when i go to USA...my money always doubled or pretty close to it so from now on it wont be that way. I am looking forward to it tho The weather will be very nice but i will miss the snow as sad as that sounds i love to see it at Christmas but i cna live without it ...LOL

Well i called just a few mins ago and got my interview date ...it's not till 29th September at 8.30am for me and my son but thats okay as much as i was hoping for it to be about this time next month i am just gonna have more time to get stuff organised so now im off to book medicals, hotel and flight to london for atleast a week and half before interview.

Give them a call cause i got case complete on 12th August and only 3 days later i have interview date

Good luck and keep in touch maybe you will be same day as me

Michelle
Old Aug 15th 2008, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi i rang the NVC like you said. They say our appointment is 4th September less than 3 weeks away.
I rang the doctors but they say we can't make an appointment until we receive the paper work that tells us to do this. What did they say to you. I'm worried we wont get the paper work in time. I know Lyn's paper work took quite some time.
It's very exciting but worrying at the same time. They know how to keep us on our toes

Chris

Chris My Apologies ...I am sorry i shoud have read what it said in your last message...so sorry
I know a lot people think its just gonna be like a vacation but it's not ...we will be living on the $ and wont have the luxury of the exchange rate of the £ which is always a boost when i go to USA...my money always doubled or pretty close to it so from now on it wont be that way. I am looking forward to it tho The weather will be very nice but i will miss the snow as sad as that sounds i love to see it at Christmas but i cna live without it ...LOL

Well i called just a few mins ago and got my interview date ...it's not till 29th September at 8.30am for me and my son but thats okay as much as i was hoping for it to be about this time next month i am just gonna have more time to get stuff organised so now im off to book medicals, hotel and flight to london for atleast a week and half before interview.

Give them a call cause i got case complete on 12th August and only 3 days later i have interview date

Good luck and keep in touch maybe you will be same day as me

Michelle

Last edited by pcmaccallum; Aug 15th 2008 at 5:07 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 4:36 pm
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of

Hi Michelle

Can't believe it is going to take so long for the interview. At least you have a firm date now and can plan accordingly.

Hi Chris

I didn't have my paperwork when I made my medical appointment. Did you actually tell them you didn't have it? I never mentioned not having the paperwork and they didn't ask. I also didn't have to show the letter on the day, which I thought I would. There was a man there on the same afternoon who didn't even have his interview date yet, so I'd give them a call back and try to make your appointments again. If they still have a problem explain that you have only a short notification of your appointment and see if that works. Worst case don't let them know you don't have the letter.

Lyn
Old Aug 15th 2008, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Lyn

I didn't say anything just asked if i could make our appointments. She asked me if i had the letter. My husband thinks it's because it's friday and near the end of the day. It took me over an hour to get through and you could tell in her voice she was ready to finish. i think i just got through at the wrong time.

Chris

Originally Posted by LynannC
Hi Michelle

Can't believe it is going to take so long for the interview. At least you have a firm date now and can plan accordingly.

Hi Chris

I didn't have my paperwork when I made my medical appointment. Did you actually tell them you didn't have it? I never mentioned not having the paperwork and they didn't ask. I also didn't have to show the letter on the day, which I thought I would. There was a man there on the same afternoon who didn't even have his interview date yet, so I'd give them a call back and try to make your appointments again. If they still have a problem explain that you have only a short notification of your appointment and see if that works. Worst case don't let them know you don't have the letter.

Lyn
Old Aug 15th 2008, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Lyn

I didn't say anything just asked if i could make our appointments. She asked me if i had the letter. My husband thinks it's because it's friday and near the end of the day. It took me over an hour to get through and you could tell in her voice she was ready to finish. i think i just got through at the wrong time.

Chris
Hi Chris
Glad you got your date and early September thats great news ! I don'r know why they gave me late September but jeff is going to call them back and ask for an earlier date as he has to work out of town and i need to get there for my stepson ASAP but if they can't change it then i guess i will have to wait ...I thought better Jeff calling and asking and not me cause the hardship is on American side which i hope they understand ...No harm in asking .

As for my medical ...i called and the lady took my LND # and booked appointments for me and my son and didn't ask if i had the letter so your right i think being late on in the day possibly the unhelpful lady that took your call was in a rush to get out the office but still no reason for her to make excuse of you not having the letter cause you dont need it to make appointments since you have to make them ahead of time.

Good Luck on your interview and medical I'm sure you will be fine

Keep in touch

Michelle
Old Aug 15th 2008, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Michelle

Yes we assumed it was the receptionist just not wanting to deal with me. But still no excuse. Lyn said they didn't ask her if she had the letter. I was ringing for over an hour before i got through so i already knew she was very busy.

I wish we could swap dates with you. I'm with my husband i can't imagine what it's like for you. Tell Jeff to tell them you know someone that will swap dates with you. You never know.
We will keep in touch hope you can change your date. We will keep our fingers crossed for you x

Chris

Hi Chris
Glad you got your date and early September thats great news ! I don'r know why they gave me late September but jeff is going to call them back and ask for an earlier date as he has to work out of town and i need to get there for my stepson ASAP but if they can't change it then i guess i will have to wait ...I thought better Jeff calling and asking and not me cause the hardship is on American side which i hope they understand ...No harm in asking .

As for my medical ...i called and the lady took my LND # and booked appointments for me and my son and didn't ask if i had the letter so your right i think being late on in the day possibly the unhelpful lady that took your call was in a rush to get out the office but still no reason for her to make excuse of you not having the letter cause you dont need it to make appointments since you have to make them ahead of time.

Good Luck on your interview and medical I'm sure you will be fine

Keep in touch

Michelle

Last edited by pcmaccallum; Aug 15th 2008 at 8:10 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Jeff called NVC and was told our file was already on it's way to London, it left US on the 14th August so they told him to get me to call London which i did I ended up getting a code to e-mail so i could request an earlier interview date which i have done and am just waiting to hear back from London.

If we don't get one then i will just wait my time and be seen on the date they set for me

I would gladly swap with you if i could ( thanks to you Chritine & Hubby for thinking of me ) but i guess it's all down to the CO's appointment system.

I wonder if there are others that managed to request an earlier date and was successful ?

If so i'd love to hear about it

I will keep you informed of the happenings

BTW.... The flights from Aberdeen to Heathrow are very expensive but i think i have solution and that will be to go down the night before, i'm sure my son will love it

Good Luck to all going through this

Michelle
Old Aug 24th 2008, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Hi Michelle only just got your message.

We just got back from a weeks holiday in Ireland. Thats where our son lives.

I rang the doctors again while we were away. They made us an appointment straight away this time. They didn't ask about date of interview or anything else. We get our medical friday 29th so hopefully info will be at the embassy by the 4th sept.

Our daughter just received our paper work on friday. She is emailing it to us in case ours doesn't arrive in time.

I hope you managed to get an earlier appt. Im sure i read a thread sometime ago that someone had changed an appointment date.

Chris

Jeff called NVC and was told our file was already on it's way to London, it left US on the 14th August so they told him to get me to call London which i did I ended up getting a code to e-mail so i could request an earlier interview date which i have done and am just waiting to hear back from London.

If we don't get one then i will just wait my time and be seen on the date they set for me

I would gladly swap with you if i could ( thanks to you Chritine & Hubby for thinking of me ) but i guess it's all down to the CO's appointment system.

I wonder if there are others that managed to request an earlier date and was successful ?

If so i'd love to hear about it

I will keep you informed of the happenings

BTW.... The flights from Aberdeen to Heathrow are very expensive but i think i have solution and that will be to go down the night before, i'm sure my son will love it

Good Luck to all going through this

Michelle
Old Aug 24th 2008, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Michelle only just got your message.

We just got back from a weeks holiday in Ireland. Thats where our son lives.

I rang the doctors again while we were away. They made us an appointment straight away this time. They didn't ask about date of interview or anything else. We get our medical friday 29th so hopefully info will be at the embassy by the 4th sept.

Our daughter just received our paper work on friday. She is emailing it to us in case ours doesn't arrive in time.

I hope you managed to get an earlier appt. Im sure i read a thread sometime ago that someone had changed an appointment date.

Chris

Hi Chris

I e-mailed the London Embassy over a week ago now and have not heard back ...it's so frustrating so i don't know if i will get an earlier appointment
I think i will just have to be settled with the 29th Sept which seems so far off
I did call the Embassy help line on Thursday but they just told me i will have to wait for a response so i am waiting I guess time is passing, maybe i will hear back tomorrow fingers crossed

Sounds like you got it all worked out with your medical appointment ....I am sure they will have your results by the time you get the interview

Good Luck with everything

I will let you know if i hear anything from the Embassy
Michelle