Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Cannot get London U.K. us embassy appointments

Cannot get London U.K. us embassy appointments

Old Jun 11th 2019, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Lorneo1067 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cannot get London U.K. us embassy appointments

It states there is none available and to check back in a few days?

Has anyone experienced this before?

We’re applying for an e2 visa. Online it says visa appointments should take 22 calendar days but don’t see any
Old Jun 11th 2019, 6:02 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannot get London U.K. us embassy appointments

What you are experiencing is very common, and often reported here on BE. The only option you have is to keep on checking back and keep on trying - eventually new appointment slots will open up.
Old Jun 11th 2019, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
What you are experiencing is very common, and often reported here on BE. The only option you have is to keep on checking back and keep on trying - eventually new appointment slots will open up.
Thank you for the response. Will the interview dates be around 22 days out when they post them? From what the uscis states on appointment waiting times..

we have to be at my current employer by start of July doesn’t look like it’s going to happen
Old Jun 11th 2019, 6:08 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I thought people could also try other consulates like Belfast?
Old Jun 11th 2019, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tht

I thought people could also try other consulates like Belfast?
This is for an E2 Visa. I think they only process them in London unless anyone else knows otherwise?
Old Jun 11th 2019, 6:12 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorneo1067
Thank you for the response. Will the interview dates be around 22 days out when they post them? From what the uscis states on appointment waiting times..

we have to be at my current employer by start of July doesn’t look like it’s going to happen
Well it is likely that blocks of appointments will be added after the end of the already-booked appointments, but there are also cancellations, which can be pretty much at any time in the future, even as close as "tomorrow", so if I were you I would be checking in at least once a day to look for cancellations.

Unless you find a cancellation I think it is safe to say that you won't get an appointment before early July.
Old Jun 11th 2019, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Does anyone know if me and my wife are meant to pay the processing fee twice?

Its charging us $410 for both. Isn’t it one payment for just my visa ? Or does my wife get charged $205 just for spouse visa
Old Jun 11th 2019, 6:13 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

This is for an E2 Visa. I think they only process them in London unless anyone else knows otherwise?
I have no experience with E visas, sorry. Maybe check the consulate website.
Old Jun 11th 2019, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Just had a cancellation come up and missed it. But the embassy still took my money...
Old Jun 11th 2019, 8:43 pm

Just had a cancellation come up ….
Great!
… and missed it. ….
Oh dear.
…. But the embassy still took my money...
Double oh dear!
Old Jun 12th 2019, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if me and my wife are meant to pay the processing fee twice?

Its charging us $410 for both. Isn’t it one payment for just my visa ? Or does my wife get charged $205 just for spouse visa
You're obtaining two visas, so yes you pay twice.

E-2 visas can be processed in Belfast but you're too far down the path with London now to go there.

I think it's pretty doubtful you're going to be there for the beginning of July. Takes about 5 working days to get your visa back assuming you don't go into Administrative Processing or anything.

Please report back after you've had your interview with what you were asked and how it went. These bits of information are very useful for other applicants browsing BE.
Old Jun 12th 2019, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiversaint
You're obtaining two visas, so yes you pay twice.

E-2 visas can be processed in Belfast but you're too far down the path with London now to go there.

I think it's pretty doubtful you're going to be there for the beginning of July. Takes about 5 working days to get your visa back assuming you don't go into Administrative Processing or anything.

Please report back after you've had your interview with what you were asked and how it went. These bits of information are very useful for other applicants browsing BE.
i heard that Belfast don’t do E2’s ? Only process them at London.

Yes looks like we will miss July start date. I have appointment booked now in early July. Just fingers cross it all works out and yes will keep everyone updated and pass info. Visas are so difficult !
Old Jun 13th 2019, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

JosiesJourney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Don't give up hope, keep checking as others have said or do you have a solicitor who can book direct?
We came to the US in 2017 on an L1 and then change of status to E2 in 2018 whilst here. We had to go to London to have the visa appointment though as you are having to but our immigration solicitor appointed by my husband's employer booked the embassy appointment. Although that being said, we waited and waited for one to come free and were basically in constant contact with him. Of course the appointment came and we had 3 days in which to book flights/ advise school and my employer that we would be out for a couple of weeks and arrive in the UK! It was all last minute but worked out fine. You will get yours soon :-)
Old Jun 13th 2019, 5:54 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Being pragmatic, it s a new building ish and new ish administration, and as we know on this site upgrades often seem like the opposite. In short the outcome will be the same but any previous timeline or Intel is null and void.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JosiesJourney
Hi
Don't give up hope, keep checking as others have said or do you have a solicitor who can book direct?
We came to the US in 2017 on an L1 and then change of status to E2 in 2018 whilst here. We had to go to London to have the visa appointment though as you are having to but our immigration solicitor appointed by my husband's employer booked the embassy appointment. Although that being said, we waited and waited for one to come free and were basically in constant contact with him. Of course the appointment came and we had 3 days in which to book flights/ advise school and my employer that we would be out for a couple of weeks and arrive in the UK! It was all last minute but worked out fine. You will get yours soon :-)
thank you for the update was nice to read this morning.

I woke up though and and found out my company has booked it for me for tomorrow at 8am!

Getting nervous really hoping it all goes well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.