cannibis possesion

Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

jamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud of
Default cannibis possesion

OK 8 years ago I got arrested and cautioned for the first and only time in my life. I had a thimble full of cannibis on me.

I actually don't or never did smoke the stuff so it's ironic.

Sorry unfortunate. Ironic would be if my parents were dope producers and I refused to be involved, anyhow, enough of a lesson to Alanis Morrisette fans....

I'd like to go to the states. I don't want to live there, I just want to go there.

If I apply for a visa, what are my chances?

I own my own company, am involved in charities etc. I'm actually the most non rule breaking person in the world tho, not sure if this helps.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:02 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cannibis possesion

Originally Posted by jamesf
If I apply for a visa, what are my chances?
You're ineligible for the VWP because of the arrest, but you might be approved for a B-2 visa. The drug arrest - regardless of outcome - will play a big part in whether or not it's approved. You lose nothing by trying.

Ian
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:09 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I know someone in England that flew to the US and was arrested at the airport and sent back.. it never even crossed his mind to think that he wouldn't be allowed in for having been arrested in the UK quite some years before.. At least you are aware of where you stand and if there is a way of coming here to visit I'm sure you'll find it.. good luck..
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:11 am
Just Joined

chriswest is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You're ineligible for the VWP because of the arrest, but you might be approved for a B-2 visa. The drug arrest - regardless of outcome - will play a big part in whether or not it's approved. You lose nothing by trying.

Ian
so are u saying even if he didnt get convicted or anything .. just getting arrested can stop him from getting a visa?:curse: ,,, how can they tell ?
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:17 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chriswest
so are u saying even if he didnt get convicted or anything .. just getting arrested can stop him from getting a visa?:curse: ,,, how can they tell ?
There's a Romany who reads her crystal ball behind the one-way glass as you approach the desk. She waves her silk scarf at the immigration officer if she sees you've been using.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
There's a Romany who reads her crystal ball behind the one-way glass as you approach the desk. She waves her silk scarf at the immigration officer if she sees you've been using.
You're on form today FB.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:35 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You're on form today FB.
I'm in a mood and taking no prisoners.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:38 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

The stripey shirt
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:41 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

so are u saying even if he didnt get convicted or anything .. just getting arrested can stop him from getting a visa?
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

how can they tell ?
Well, let's put it this way... if he lies and is caught (which, let's face it, is not outside the realm of possibility), he's facing a lifetime ban from the US. If he tells the truth, they may still let him in. And if he does tell the truth and they still deny him the visa, the whole thing will likely blow over in another 7 years. Usually (... usually...) a 15 year old record isn't taken into consideration.

Ian
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

jamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud of

So I guess I'll apply and see what happens. Bit annoying really since I was only stopped and searched due to the fact a guy in Soho was a known mugger and was being aggressive with me.

The cannabis had been given to me in a bar and I'd stupidly put it in my pocket wrapped in a tesco receipt.

But none of this counts anyhow.

I'm happy to take daily drug tests of any kind for a whole year if necessary, but again don't think this helps my cause.

I'll let you know what happens.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 1:27 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jamesf
So I guess I'll apply and see what happens. Bit annoying really since I was only stopped and searched due to the fact a guy in Soho was a known mugger and was being aggressive with me.

The cannabis had been given to me in a bar and I'd stupidly put it in my pocket wrapped in a tesco receipt.

But none of this counts anyhow.

I'm happy to take daily drug tests of any kind for a whole year if necessary, but again don't think this helps my cause.

I'll let you know what happens.
Hmmm.... how likely would my Dad be to get in given history of Theft and GBH?
Old Sep 26th 2007, 1:38 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lj2
Hmmm.... how likely would my Dad be to get in given history of Theft and GBH?
He will need to apply for a B-2 as well ..
Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:53 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Strictly speaking, the VWP is restricted to you due to the following...

(2) Criminal and related grounds.-

(A) Conviction of certain crimes.-

(i) In general.-Except as provided in clause (ii), any alien convicted of, or who admits having committed, or who admits committing acts which constitute the essential elements of-

(I) a crime involving moral turpitude (other than a purely political offense or an attempt or conspiracy to commit such a crime), or

(II) a violation of (or a conspiracy or attempt to violate) any law or regulation of a State, the United States, or a foreign country relating to a controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802)), is inadmissible.

However, in reality...your criminal record (especailly as you were not convicted) will not be on your passport and the immigration offcials will have absolutley no way of knowing that you were ever in this position.

I say go ahead and book the flight...enjoy the US
Old Sep 26th 2007, 6:49 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chopper-Chris
However, in reality...your criminal record (especailly as you were not convicted)
A caution is a conviction .....
Old Sep 26th 2007, 6:55 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
A caution is a conviction .....
but the immigration official at the gate would have no way of knowing about it...would they?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.