Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Cancellation of previous & denied K-1 application

Cancellation of previous & denied K-1 application

Old Jun 8th 2004, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

angelnoah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cancellation of previous & denied K-1 application

Originally posted by Ranjini
I think so too Depends where you learned your English. Care to share?
Of course I learned it from school. Had finished my college in a good university here in the philippines.

My parents are both teachers. Both of them taught English in high schools too.

I wonder why my command of english was the topic for today...lol! I read a lot, and that helps....that's one clue..hehehe
Old Jun 8th 2004, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

angelnoah is an unknown quantity at this point

I think so too Depends where you learned your English. Care to share?
Of course I learned it from school. Had finished my college in a good university here in the philippines.

I wonder why my command of english was the topic for today...lol! I read a lot, and that helps....that's one clue..hehehe
Old Jun 8th 2004, 2:46 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by angelnoah
That figures...
Old Jun 8th 2004, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

English isn't that good.

That figures...
Old Jun 8th 2004, 2:48 pm
Banned

Originally posted by lpdiver
English isn't that good.

Hmmmmmmm.....
Old Jun 8th 2004, 2:54 pm
Banned

Don't take any notice...
Old Jun 8th 2004, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

However to play the game...There are people who cancell a K-1 and then apply again with a different person and are succesful. So the answer is yes it can be done.

There are a whole lot of fact specific things missing here.

I am wondering how this person from Vermont consoled her so well via the internet whilst she was in the preocess of a K-1 with another man.

And what EXACTLY did the consul find as reason for rejection. It may be important for the path forward.

Finally if this man is a gift from God marry him and then deal with events. That is what I did with my wife. Stressed about visa no visa: decided where I live with my wife may be decided by immigrations and got on with life.

Good luck
Hmmmmmmm.....
Old Jun 8th 2004, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Marleric is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I just would like to ask any opinions about my case. I was a former k-1 applicant to my ex-bf. I had my interview at manila US embassy february of this year but I was denied because consul said my relationship with my petitioner is not bonafide.

I would not be elaborating further about my case, but my papers were sent back to INS. My relationship with my ex-bf didn't work well, and so i broke up with him.

After 2 months, i found a new guy, we met and got engaged May of this year.

Now we are planning to take the fiance visa again.
My question is, how will this affect my second K-1 petition?

Do I need to let my previous k-1 papers be CANCELLED even if it is already returned back at INS? If to be cancelled, who will do it, me or my ex bf or both of us?

My new bf has an attorney. Can his attorney do the cancellation for me and my ex-bf? We will be filing in Vermont, but my previous k-1 was filed at california.

Any advice concerning my case would be deeply appreciated. thanks...
In my humble opinion, there is no harm in trying. If it fails, let him come to you instead. That will be the real test of love and commitment.
Just some thoughts...

(Is my English too good to be true or what?! :P)
Old Jun 8th 2004, 5:27 pm
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DCMark
Do we want them to care? I would prefer they base their decisions on verifiable facts not un-determined emotions....
I wasnt talking about emotions.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

SunnyM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PEACHSTER
I wasnt talking about emotions.
I am going through a similar situation where I am engaged to my fiancée who happens to be related to my ex-wife. We did not mention on the application about this relationship (my fiancée and my ex-wife). We left for them to ask. The consular did ask and we told him the truth. Now, in the eyes of INS, it is a red flag. Now the burden is on us to prove that it is indeed a bona fide relationship. We did provide all the usual stuff, letters, phone bills, pictures together, my two trips to her homeland etc. But in this situation, they want more proof from us. My question is same as yours. What else do you need to prove our love is real and our emotional feeling is real?
Old Jun 8th 2004, 6:11 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

an,

Your new boyfriend may be able to get his I-129f petition approved by the USCIS, or not, but I suspect that the bigger problem is going to be your 2nd K1 interview within 1 year, based on 2 different men, at the consulate.

The scenario you have presented here seems to indicate that you are more interested in the visa than in the man, and the burden of proof is on you to overcome such an indication.

Regards, JEff

Hi all,

I just would like to ask any opinions about my case. I was a former k-1 applicant to my ex-bf. I had my interview at manila US embassy february of this year but I was denied because consul said my relationship with my petitioner is not bonafide.

I would not be elaborating further about my case, but my papers were sent back to INS. My relationship with my ex-bf didn't work well, and so i broke up with him.

Do I need to let my previous k-1 papers be CANCELLED even if it is already returned back at INS? If to be cancelled, who will do it, me or my ex bf or both of us?

My new bf has an attorney. Can his attorney do the cancellation for me and my ex-bf? We will be filing in Vermont, but my previous k-1 was filed at california.

Old Jun 8th 2004, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

kebuchan is an unknown quantity at this point

Most people I've met from the Philippines have very good command of the English language. As is the case with Singapore, Sri Lanka and some folks from India. Accent is a different thing but one cannot detect accent in a type written message.

I believe your case is sincere but it's not upto me ;-) However, playing devil's advocate:

- If you're in Manila, how did you manage to fall for an American again? Isn't the probability of that a lot lower than any other nationality, namely local Filipino.

- I didn't check timelines but if you got "played" by the last person wouldn't it take a little while to get over the last relationship and then get into another one AND get engaged?

I'm Canadian and I have worked in the US on multiple occasions for 2 yr periods. Also been down alot on business trips etc. But I've still got asked MANY times by US Immigration agents "How did you end up meeting and marrying an American?"... and this is not even at an interview, just at a border crossing/airport.

Hope it all works out! I do think you'll get grilled with questions though.

Kevin
Old Jun 8th 2004, 6:27 pm
Banned

Originally posted by kebuchan
Most people I've met from the Philippines have very good command of the English language. As is the case with Singapore, Sri Lanka and some folks from India. Accent is a different thing but one cannot detect accent in a type written message.

Kevin
I have a friend in Belgium who learned basic English in school and continued to read (a lot) but she doesn't express herself too well when she speaks. Just enough to make herself understood. She writes beautiful English though.
Members of my family, my parents, aunts and uncles included on the other hand, were educated in British private schools (from kindergarten upwards) set up in my country by Anglican missionaries. We attended private Elocution classes to learn to speak the language properly from a very young age. The principal and many teachers in my school were British. But you are right. We don't have British accents
Old Jun 8th 2004, 6:37 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

I think you're rushing things. You went through the K1 process with BF1, got all the way to the interview stage and only at that point was rejected. Then you broke up with BF1 and were devastated. That was in February.

According to you, you met BF2 two months later (April) and got engaged in May. That means you got engaged only one month after meeting him. And this at a time when, even by your own description, you were going through a horrible emotional time trying to get over your failed relationship with BF1.

Not only did it only take you one month to get over a man you were planning on spending the rest of your life with, but in that same month you managed to somehow become acquainted with, meet in person, and get engaged to a different man you're now determined to spend the rest of your life with.

Is it just a coincidence that, although I've never seen you, I imagine you might look a bit like J.Lo?

And it just so happens that he, too, is also American and halfway around the world from you.

So let me put it to you this way: You don't have to prove to anyone HERE that your relationship with BF2 is legitimate -- and some of us STILL find this all a bit hard to swallow. That said, imagine how the goverment will view it.

If it's the real thing, TAKE YOUR TIME. Take time to get to know each other first. This not only will possibly help your K1 efforts, but more importantly you will benefit from it as a couple.

~ Jenney

Last edited by Just Jenney; Jun 8th 2004 at 6:42 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 6:42 pm
Banned

I have a friend in Belgium who learned basic English in school and continued to read (a lot) but she doesn't express herself too well when she speaks. Just enough to make herself understood. She writes beautiful English though.
Members of my family, my parents, aunts and uncles included on the other hand, were educated in British private schools (from kindergarten upwards) set up in my country by Anglican missionaries. We attended private Elocution classes to learn to speak the language properly from a very young age. The principal and many teachers in my school were British. But you are right. We don't have British accents
My point being, we all read/write/speak perfect English. Americans speak it with an American accent, as do Australians, South Africans etc. etc. Oh and the British with a British accent....
so what's with this accent thing??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.