Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Cancellation of previous & denied K-1 application

Cancellation of previous & denied K-1 application

Old Jun 8th 2004, 3:08 am
Just Joined

angelnoah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cancellation of previous & denied K-1 application

Hi all,

I just would like to ask any opinions about my case. I was a former k-1 applicant to my ex-bf. I had my interview at manila US embassy february of this year but I was denied because consul said my relationship with my petitioner is not bonafide.

I would not be elaborating further about my case, but my papers were sent back to INS. My relationship with my ex-bf didn't work well, and so i broke up with him.

After 2 months, i found a new guy, we met and got engaged May of this year.

Now we are planning to take the fiance visa again.
My question is, how will this affect my second K-1 petition?

Do I need to let my previous k-1 papers be CANCELLED even if it is already returned back at INS? If to be cancelled, who will do it, me or my ex bf or both of us?

My new bf has an attorney. Can his attorney do the cancellation for me and my ex-bf? We will be filing in Vermont, but my previous k-1 was filed at california.

Any advice concerning my case would be deeply appreciated. thanks...
Old Jun 8th 2004, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

Lost2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cancellation of previous & denied K-1 application

Hi,
I do not know if it will affect your case, but it does seem funny to me. I do not think that USCIS will look at you well. They denied you once cause they did not think your relationship was bonafide, what makes you think that they'll look at your new case better? You got engazged after 2 months?
Old Jun 8th 2004, 8:01 am
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it would most likely affect your new case. Given you went from one guy & jumped into a relationship with another & got engaged so soon.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by PEACHSTER
I think it would most likely affect your new case. Given you went from one guy & jumped into a relationship with another & got engaged so soon.
Hi thanks guys....

Well, getting engaged so soon I guess is not always that bad if we try to consider the reasons beyond it, right? Since i didn't elaborate what happened..why the engagement was too soon, would really make anyone wonder and sometimes skeptical about why engagement was too soon.

Let me say, this new guy was the one who was with me all throughout the time I needed emotional support and encouragement. the fact that he knew what happened to me after the denial, the fact that he knew I have a bf who didn't fight for our relationship when I got denied, he was and is still with me until now, supporting me emotionally and spiritually, advising me, praying for me all the time. And he was able to show me and is giving me his uncodnitional love despite of all the things that happened to me.

When I got denied because the consul decided that our relationship was not bonafide, I felt all alone because he didn't help me fight for that relationship. Given all the options, he didn't do it,including the fact that he seemed no longer interested to talk to me or communicate with me. I would be the most dumb person on earth if I would still think that he loved me very much....and here comes the new guy who is giving me his all out support and love.

Now I am feeling so lucky for the love he's giving me.He is a God-given gift to me!

Thank you for the insights.

God bless.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

All this may be true but the INS is unlikely to know or care about it. They wil simply see you going from one k1 to another.

Perhaps lots of evidence and more time will help.

Originally posted by angelnoah
Hi thanks guys....

Well, getting engaged so soon I guess is not always that bad if we try to consider the reasons beyond it, right? Since i didn't elaborate what happened..why the engagement was too soon, would really make anyone wonder and sometimes skeptical about why engagement was too soon.

Let me say, this new guy was the one who was with me all throughout the time I needed emotional support and encouragement. the fact that he knew what happened to me after the denial, the fact that he knew I have a bf who didn't fight for our relationship when I got denied, he was and is still with me until now, supporting me emotionally and spiritually, advising me, praying for me all the time. And he was able to show me and is giving me his uncodnitional love despite of all the things that happened to me.

When I got denied because the consul decided that our relationship was not bonafide, I felt all alone because he didn't help me fight for that relationship. Given all the options, he didn't do it,including the fact that he seemed no longer interested to talk to me or communicate with me. I would be the most dumb person on earth if I would still think that he loved me very much....and here comes the new guy who is giving me his all out support and love.

Now I am feeling so lucky for the love he's giving me.He is a God-given gift to me!

Thank you for the insights.

God bless.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 12:43 pm
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DCMark
All this may be true but the INS is unlikely to know or care about it. They wil simply see you going from one k1 to another.

Perhaps lots of evidence and more time will help.
I agree. One thing I have learned with Immigration is they do not care.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

Originally posted by PEACHSTER
I agree. One thing I have learned with Immigration is they do not care.
Do we want them to care? I would prefer they base their decisions on verifiable facts not un-determined emotions....
Old Jun 8th 2004, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Do we want them to care? I would prefer they base their decisions on verifiable facts not un-determined emotions....
Well, if they dont mind about emotions, the better, i dont need to explain how i feel.

But what facts do they want to verify? Do u have any idea what are they?Aside from the documents normally being required.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well, if they dont mind about emotions, the better, i dont need to explain how i feel.

But what facts do they want to verify? Do u have any idea what are they?Aside from the documents normally being required.
That the engagement is real, that one is not looking to do a sham marriage and enter the US. This includes that fact that the American in a K1 may be sincere but being played.

I am not accusing you. However from a purely observation point I would expect the authorities to demand a high standard of proof. Most importantly, your first K1 was rejected since your engagement was not legitimate (in their eyes). Second, you come from a country that has a high degree of visa fraud.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

That the engagement is real, that one is not looking to do a sham marriage and enter the US. This includes that fact that the American in a K1 may be sincere but being played.

I am not accusing you. However from a purely observation point I would expect the authorities to demand a high standard of proof. Most importantly, your first K1 was rejected since your engagement was not legitimate (in their eyes). Second, you come from a country that has a high degree of visa fraud.
The consul discovered something on the part of my ex bf that made her decide that his relationship to me wasn't sincere. So, the situation is, I was the one being betrayed. He wasnt sincere with me but I was loving him much.

I am hoping that we can present all kinds of proof they want, every particular document. I expect there is a high tendency for me to get "grilled" infront of the consul. But setting aside emotions, as you have said, documented evidences should be produced.

i wonder what kind of evidences will we going to present to let them know the engagement is real?..aside from emails, letters, chats, text messages, chat scripts, photos together, supports, etc...what else?
Old Jun 8th 2004, 2:23 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

The consul discovered something on the part of my ex bf that made her decide that his relationship to me wasn't sincere. So, the situation is, I was the one being betrayed. He wasnt sincere with me but I was loving him much.
If we are to assume you are a Filipino lady...can I just say you command of the english language and spelling and most of your grammar is amazing..if fact a bit too amazing..
looks like a walk up a garden path.. and being led
Old Jun 8th 2004, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by ray6
If we are to assume you are a Filipino lady...can I just say you command of the english language and spelling and most of your grammar is amazing..if fact a bit too amazing..
LOL...I am a 100%Filipina of course.

Amazing?..thanks!!
Old Jun 8th 2004, 2:33 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

LOL...I am a 100%Filipina of course.

Amazing?..thanks!!
I think so too Depends where you learned your English. Care to share?
Old Jun 8th 2004, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Me smelleth troll fart too Kemosabe!!

Originally posted by ray6
Old Jun 8th 2004, 2:42 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by lpdiver
Me smelleth troll fart too Kemosabe!!
Hmmmmmmm....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.