Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Canada to USA..The changes and visas??

Wikiposts

Canada to USA..The changes and visas??

Old Apr 10th 2010, 3:48 am
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Canada to USA..The changes and visas??

Originally Posted by pigletsweet
Oh dear...Yes I think she will have to looking in to this.

She though a DS 156 allowed her to go...I believe it was just a form that was to be filled in by the Visa applicant.

Crumbs
To Be Frank, I don't think your family has a good understanding of the various visa status and entry requirements yet. I think each of your family members has to sort out his/her own visa issue before ANY attempt to enter the U.S. or else you risk being denied entry and jeopardize future attempts to enter the U.S.

Even for F-1 for your brother, he (or your parents) should be familiar with what supporting documents are needed for the actual visa application. (Eg. Evidence of financial support to pay for tuition in full, which can be a letter written by the bank your parents use, the I-20 Form from the School) Your brother should also be familiar with things associated with the F-1 Status (Eg. the I-20 Form has to be signed if he leaves and re-enters the U.S. for vacation, the SEVIS system and any info his school requires him to update).
Old Apr 10th 2010, 4:11 am
Account Closed

pigletsweet is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah they wont be going to the US without presenting the VISA place in London with evidence of financial support. I have advised them to know everything before taking all the forms and proof to London.

The school have sent the docs and the sale of the house (parents) is going through and a fair bit will be in the bank along with earnings proof from my stepdad.

Dads just been on phone saying she goes along as a guardian to my brother..though right now I cant see how she will be doing that.

Old Apr 10th 2010, 4:19 am
Account Closed

Apprantly the face it is Private education makes a difference?? that a guardian can then go along but not normal state school.

Il check on Gov site again but I have not heard of this.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pigletsweet
Apprantly the face it is Private education makes a difference?? that a guardian can then go along but not normal state school.

Il check on Gov site again but I have not heard of this.
I've never heard of that before. It doesn't make sense that the US gov would allow the parent/s of minors to stay in the US because of schooling/guardianship. If they did loads of people would send their kids to school in the US so that they (the parents) could live here.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:21 am
Account Closed

yeah Hmm.

Just seemed a little backward but in another way forward Lol.