Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Can a Power of Attorney get my I-551 Stamp?

Can a Power of Attorney get my I-551 Stamp?

Old Oct 19th 2017, 4:59 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can a Power of Attorney get my I-551 Stamp?

Found this reply / suggestion on a site dealing with the same issue you are having, no appointments available whenever they checked.

So this was very easy to sort out. We made an InfoPass appointment and went down to our local USCIS office and got an I-551 stamp in the passport confirming LPR and employment eligibility status with 1 year's validity.

Getting an InfoPass appointment basically involved checking online between 5-7pm and 11pm-1am every day, those were the only times that appointments ever opened up. However, I asked and was told that you could also just walk in if it was an emergency
Old Oct 19th 2017, 5:06 am
Just Joined

corneydavid is an unknown quantity at this point

Walking in, and asking very nicely if they will stamp my passport is what I will do if an appointment cannot be made. I have to think that it will take no more than 10 minutes, if I have all the paperwork in order.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 1:58 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by corneydavid
.... Better than losing a week of work. The joys of being self-employed.
That sounds more like "indentured servitude" than "self employment".
Old Oct 24th 2017, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Suggestion: have you considered looking for an Infopass appointment at a location near where you’ll be working in any given week? Some USCIS offices are very busy but possibly those in smaller cities might not be, so if you’re working in a smaller city it might be worth a
try.

(That said, I have no idea if USCIS is OK with people attending offices away from their home location but the worst they could do is refuse you a stamp which leaves you no worse off.)