Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Can medical exam be submitted at interview?

Wikiposts

Can medical exam be submitted at interview?

Old Apr 16th 2005, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

pmdlong2k3 will become famous soon enoughpmdlong2k3 will become famous soon enough
Default Can medical exam be submitted at interview?

I am about to make an application for AOS and have a few questions. I am married to a USC and originally came over on the VWP intending to return before the 90 days. Me and my wife now wish to stay over here due to a change in circumstances. My questions about the application are:

1) Can the medical exam form be submitted at the interview and not with the I485 and other forms?

2) If there is a problem with any of my application forms, will the whole application be rejected and returned or will they simply write to me asking me for whatever is incomplete?

Thanks
Paul
Old Apr 16th 2005, 4:13 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can medical exam be submitted at interview?

Originally Posted by pmdlong2k3
I am about to make an application for AOS and have a few questions. I am married to a USC and originally came over on the VWP intending to return before the 90 days. Me and my wife now wish to stay over here due to a change in circumstances. My questions about the application are:

1) Can the medical exam form be submitted at the interview and not with the I485 and other forms?

2) If there is a problem with any of my application forms, will the whole application be rejected and returned or will they simply write to me asking me for whatever is incomplete?

Thanks
Paul
1a: Yes 1b: Generally no
2a: possible. 2b. possible.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 4:28 am
Guest21

Thanks
Paul
I did not send in my medical exam report, I waited until the Interview and that was fine but I have a friend who was in Florida and was sent an RFE to send the medical into them, I am in Illinois.
I think it depends where you file?

Old Apr 16th 2005, 5:08 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by whiskers
I did not send in my medical exam report, I waited until the Interview and that was fine but I have a friend who was in Florida and was sent an RFE to send the medical into them, I am in Illinois.
Hi:

You are right. However, practices have been changing to requiring at time of filing. It used to be that LOS did NOT require it and then about a year back they changed policy.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

pmdlong2k3 will become famous soon enoughpmdlong2k3 will become famous soon enough

Sorry to ask this, but was is an RFE?
Old Apr 16th 2005, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: Can medical exam be submitted at interview?

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

You are right. However, practices have been changing to requiring at time of filing. It used to be that LOS did NOT require it and then about a year back they changed policy.
So if I file all the paperwork except the medical will they reject the whole application, ask for the missing medical form or just tell me to bring it with me at the interview??
Old Apr 16th 2005, 5:29 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

RFE = Request for Further Evidence

~ Jenney
Old Apr 16th 2005, 5:30 am
Guest21

Smile Re: Can medical exam be submitted at interview?

It meens a Referral for evidence.

Which meens that they are requesting more information on the requested documents normally you get 90days to do so but obviously you want to get everything right first time round or get the RFE back ASAP to get your petition moving along.

Old Apr 16th 2005, 5:32 am
Guest21

It meens a Referral for evidence.

Which meens that they are requesting more information on the requested documents normally you get 90days to do so but obviously you want to get everything right first time round or get the RFE back ASAP to get your petition moving along.
Some one may quote me on the 90days?