Can I sue this company?

Old Feb 1st 2001, 2:08 pm
changyi2001

Hi,

I think I am in a trouble now.

My H1B was Approved and I got the visa stamped one month ago. I am planning to go US in
two weeks. But now the company that sponsored my visa is saying that they are downsizing
their company and the offer will be retracted.

First question, is this legel? Can I sue them? The situation is they never told me this
might happen. I just resigned from my employer in Singapore last week. I will have to
leave Singapore in two weeks since I am not a PR or Citizen in Singapore. I cannot
believe this company would do this. I hope I can sue them. Can anyone know how to sue and
where to start?

Second question: I have another New H1-B petiiton pending in WSC (luckily). I suppose it
will be approved in March. So I should get another visa stamp at US Embassy at Singapore
or China. Am I right? Is there any problem to do so since I already have one visa on my
passport, though I cannot use is now?

Third question: Can I just go to US with the Visa from Company A and work for Company
B directly?

Can you give me other suggestions?

Thank you very much!

TOM