Wikiposts

Can I adjust my status ?

Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:47 am
Hull lass

workboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I adjust my status ?

Originally Posted by nettlebed
I paid my attorney $5000 for a complete package, including all filing fees plus any extra work associsted with obtaining the I-601. I though that was good value.
I paid $2,200 and we're currently negotiation the I-601
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meinfl
Well, I am not sure that attorneys negotiate their fees... I was just wondering whether or not that sounds reasonable.

As for the forms, I had no trouble whatsover when filling them out for my mom, but I dont know if things have changed... but I guess before dropping $1,500 I will try to do them myself. $1,500 is a lot of money... it will pay for a honeymoon or something...
I thought your need for legal help was based on your possible problems, as against, simple straightforward. I still think you need a good attorney, not the cheapest "And a prayer".

Reg. Frank R.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 11:11 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

YAY !

I just consulted an immigration lawyer and as we suspected, everything should be fine and I should be able to adjust my status.... they can't guarante 100% like in any cases, but he told me that my chance of getting everything approved is just the same of anyone else...
I am so happy !!!

Now he wants to charge me $1,500 plus immigration fees... is that normal price ?
Also, when my mom did her process 3 years ago, I filled out all her forms and everything was approved and her green card granted... so should I just do it on my own again or should I hire him ?
Hi:

Without more information, it is hard to tell if that is a reasonable price or not. It happens to be less than I charge, but I'm in a high cost of living area and I'm quite experienced.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 11:54 am
Just Joined

meinfl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Without more information, it is hard to tell if that is a reasonable price or not. It happens to be less than I charge, but I'm in a high cost of living area and I'm quite experienced.

He told me everything would be done just like any other client due to the fact that I was never convicted and the charges werent drug related or violent crimes.

I dont have a problem paying the $1,500... but I am not rich and $1,500 (plus medical exams, BCIS fees, wedding, etc..) is a LOT of money for me... especially if it's just to fill out forms, like I said, I've done them before... it took time and it wasnt the easiest thing, but I got it.

And when I said "try", I didnt mean submit the forms just to "try" and see if everything goes through ok, I meant, if I come accross any problems then I will pay the lawyer.... but if you guys think I should have a lawyer fill out the forms, then I will do it that way.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Experience, someones gotta pay for it. Certainly beats the Attorney, with fluff on his chin.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 11:38 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

if you guys think I should have a lawyer fill out the forms, then I will do it that way.
Wow, I didn't realize this group had so much power and control over people!

~ Jenney
Old Oct 19th 2006, 4:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Wow, I didn't realize this group had so much power and control over people!

~ Jenney
After almost 50,000 threads, I figured you guys know a thing or two about immigration
Old Oct 19th 2006, 4:36 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Can I adjust my status ?

After almost 50,000 threads, I figured you guys know a thing or two about immigration

We know what we've been through and have watched and read what others have been through. Just like you in regards to your mother's immigration processing.

No one here should give you a yes or no on the question you are asking. It is a personal choice and can only be made individually by you and you alone. You've walked the route before. Do you think you can do it again? Yes or No?
Old Oct 19th 2006, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
We know what we've been through and have watched and read what others have been through. Just like you in regards to your mother's immigration processing.

No one here should give you a yes or no on the question you are asking. It is a personal choice and can only be made individually by you and you alone. You've walked the route before. Do you think you can do it again? Yes or No?

Yes I guess I just answered my question.

Thank you guys !!! I will keep you updated... now I am going to renew my passport and then start the long (not so looooong anymore) journey to that white (not green) card that is envied by so many.