Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Can Canadians still cross into the US without a valid passport?

Wikiposts

Can Canadians still cross into the US without a valid passport?

Old Jul 6th 2004, 3:46 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Canadians still cross into the US without a valid passport?

Ahmed Rassam, the "Millenium Bomber" was apprehended at the border with a trunkload of explosives. He was coming in from Canada.

See:
Canada admits: We're terror haven
http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/001032.php

I do agree that Canadian immigration doesn't have their priorities straight. They'll let asylum seekers hit the street without even knowing their real name, but they'll nail grandma and grandpa to the wall for bringing in an extra frozen turkey that they bought in the states.

I once received a 3 minute lecture about carrying a rabies certificate for my pure bread, microchipped dog that has more complete medical care than half of Canada. He then admitted me without asking me where I was born, what my citizenship was, or to show him any identification.

On the bright side, illegal aliens in the US often wander over to Canada by mistake and get in, then Canada is stuck with them because they can't get back.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:12 am
Stuart Brook

supernav wrote:

> When canadian
    > citizens/immigrants from canada are caught trying to blow up things in
    > the US, and the US implements new tighter restrictions on the border as
    > a result -- Canadians know who to *blame*.

How many????? HMMMMM?

How many were/are in the US who were affiliated with terrorist
organisations who got in legally? And had status renewed even?

Old Jul 7th 2004, 8:24 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Stuart Brook
supernav wrote:

> When canadian
    > citizens/immigrants from canada are caught trying to blow up things in
    > the US, and the US implements new tighter restrictions on the border as
    > a result -- Canadians know who to *blame*.

How many????? HMMMMM?

How many were/are in the US who were affiliated with terrorist
organisations who got in legally? And had status renewed even?
Terrorists get in legally, and illegally. Some were caught entering from Canada. The whole system needs to be fortified, and that includes the border with Canada. Canada isn't just a bunch of hockey players anymore. Parts of Toronto are starting to have the same demographic as downtown Karachi, Kabul, Tehran, Georgetown, Casablanca, Kosovo, Manilla, etc. The people they let in, are just a short drive away from our border. We can't delegate our security to a foreign government, especially one as liberal as Canada.