British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Bye Bye 800- Misinformation Line (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/bye-bye-800-misinformation-line-236538/)

kud Jun 15th 2004 2:21 pm

Bye Bye 800- Misinformation Line

According to Carl Shusterman's web page as of September 30 you will be able to call the Service Centers again.

http://www.shusterman.com/

Look at the news ticker

thing1 Jun 15th 2004 3:56 pm

Re: Bye Bye 800- Misinformation Line

thanks for passing that on. it's good to know for our future dealings with the USCIS and their service centers.

tortoise Jun 15th 2004 4:04 pm

what difference will this make to us?

i've only ever known the 800 number.

katesuiter1 Jun 15th 2004 4:08 pm

Originally posted by tortoise

Might start getting accurate information, hopefully!!! :)

Kate. xxxxxxx:D:D:D

jeffreyhy Jun 15th 2004 4:14 pm

tortoise,

The service centers used to have knowledgable people provide useful information. I once called the VSC about my I-129f petition and the person who took my call put me on hold for a few minutes while she tracked down my case and got a status from the case officer whose desk it was on.

Before cheering too much, let's see how the USCIS implements this transfer of phone contact back to the service centers - will they go back to manning the phone lines the way they did in the past, or will they do like they did at the NCSC and man the new service center phone lines with under-trained, under-educated personnel?

Regards, JEff

tortoise Jun 15th 2004 4:17 pm

O_o

*crosses fingers*

AGUILA Jun 15th 2004 4:20 pm

Originally posted by kud
According to Carl Shusterman's web page as of September 30 you will be able to call the Service Centers again.

Look at the news ticker
I don't know how good that would be. It was impossible to reach VSC. You could call a thousand times and it would always be busy. I tried to reach them day after day for weeks and I never was able to.

If they put the lines back, I assume they will also have a lot of personnel to handle the calls, otherwise it'll be useless.

kud Jun 15th 2004 4:24 pm

Originally posted by AGUILA
I don't know how good that would be. It was impossible to reach VSC. You could call a thousand times and it would always be busy. I tried to reach them day after day for weeks and I never was able to.

If they put the lines back, I assume they will also have a lot of personnel to handle the calls, otherwise it'll be useless.
True, but I rather take my chances with a busy number then getting told stuff that screws me up for Weeks. JMHO

Hypertweeky Jun 15th 2004 6:31 pm

Originally posted by kud

Look at the news ticker

Yay!! Woo!!!:D:D

PEACHSTER Jun 16th 2004 2:30 am

To me it's no difference calling the 800 number or the centers directly. They give ya the runaround just as much as the 800 does.

USimmigrant Jun 16th 2004 2:38 am

Originally posted by PEACHSTER
To me it's no difference calling the 800 number or the centers directly. They give ya the runaround just as much as the 800 does.
From my experience the 800 numbers are there just for people not to complain that there is no number to contact about their cases and general questions. All those people over there look over the computers and tell you what it writes over there. Once you start asking complicated and know some facts that they don't they get confused and read you whatever they have over there such as guidelines and how it works

Ranjini Jun 16th 2004 2:48 am

Originally posted by PEACHSTER
No, no... If you get hold of real person, you can get specific information on your case. At least that has been our experience with Nebraska during the time this facility was available. The mis-information line has been a total disaster from the get go...

tortoise Jun 16th 2004 4:06 am

they might tell you the wrong thing, BUT, at least they're polite. well, i'm sure there are people who've encountered rude people, but fortunately i've only had polite ones.

misinformation + rudeness would = way too much stress (manners are everything to me). it would remind me of the government offices back in the uk hahahah. oh the good old days...

Hypertweeky Jun 16th 2004 4:31 am

it would remind me of the government offices back in the uk hahahah. oh the good old days...
:D:D:D

Ray Jun 16th 2004 4:41 am

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Before cheering too much, let's see how the USCIS implements this transfer of phone contact back to the service centers - will they go back to manning the phone lines the way they did in the past, or will they do like they did at the NCSC and man the new service center phone lines with under-trained, under-educated personnel? Regards, JEff
Good though JEff ..exactly what I thought ..I think they may keep the 800 line going anyway ...local offices will never be able to handle the call volume.