Buying property in Florida....

Old May 1st 2014, 4:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Buying property in Florida....

Innspiring.com might be worth a look. Not for immigration, that seems a closed path.
Old May 1st 2014, 4:17 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FeistyFi
Maybe I'm being too ambitious and as some one said to me recently, be careful what you wish for...but I think life is for living, we're dead a long time!
I'm reminded of Robert Frost's poem The Road Not Taken. I agree with you - life is an adventure. Indeed, I think most of us here feel much the same... but you have to have a solid plan in place before moving forward and for most of us, immigration to the US was either via family or employment. It's certainly doable... just not immediately. For many, it's a long-term plan. Good luck to you - I have no doubt that you'll end up in a good situation!

Ian
Old May 1st 2014, 4:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Guess it depends where in the US...but I know (I think) what your'e saying, it is quite a different mentality and one thing that worries me is health insurance. If nothing else this forum may just make me realise old Blighty ain't so bad!!
Ain't that the truth.

Sometimes it takes a move away from the UK to fully appreciate what great country it is.
Old May 1st 2014, 11:19 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Visa issues aside, I am not sure there is a market for what I think of as a B&B here in FL. The place is saturated with holiday accommodation, and I have not noticed such places, unless you mean small hotels, like this one I lived near a few years ago.

http://seabreezemanor.com/
Old May 1st 2014, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

FeistyFi is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting you should say that Rich...and of course it makes sense...place is full of 'tourists'. It's a bit like Vegas..who wants to stay in a cosy B&B when there are lush hotels on every corner and loads of properties with pools to rent. I have however noticed states like Carolina and Virginia (with those quaint 17th century properties) have quite a few B&B's for sale, cheap too...more my thing/location maybe...who knows, still down to visas I guess. I'm open to ideas, anyway it's all mapped out for us already perhaps??!
Old May 1st 2014, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

And thanks Boiler for the Innspiring.com site, interesting...might strike up some chat there!
Old May 1st 2014, 11:50 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

This is a B&B in my mind. I lived in this place for a year at college in Torquay 25 years ago!

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/clov...est-house.html

edit - link expired- looking for another

Google streetview then.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-...CLgBEPwSKAAwCw

Last edited by RICH; May 2nd 2014 at 12:03 am.
Old May 1st 2014, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

B&B's in the US are considered much more upmarket than generally in the UK.
Old May 1st 2014, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't B&Bs rather upmarket in the US?
Old May 1st 2014, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

Torquay huh? Looks appealing...would certainly be an easier location! Sometimes what we are looking for is closer to home? Thanks for that!
Old May 2nd 2014, 12:09 am
Just Joined

Not sure Sally...maybe they are more upmarket in US...do Americans expect more than Brits or do they have the guts to complain unlike Brits?!! I owned a really nice B&B here a few years ago (it was an equestrian farm too) and hosted shooting/fishing parties (who were mostly surgeons and lawyers...great fun and very eccentric!), the property was perfect and had potential for wedding parties etc but sadly I split from my other half forcing the sale. It's all about how much dosh you have to spend I guess, the more you have the more 'upmarket' perhaps?. I'd be more quaint and middle road now but I do believe if you offer perfection with what you've got and your guests go away recommending you that's all it takes to build a business from something small. Location is paramount too...like buying any property anywhere
Old May 2nd 2014, 12:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure Sally...maybe they are more upmarket in US...do Americans expect more than Brits or do they have the guts to complain unlike Brits?!! I owned a really nice B&B here a few years ago (it was an equestrian farm too) and hosted shooting/fishing parties (who were mostly surgeons and lawyers...great fun and very eccentric!), the property was perfect and had potential for wedding parties etc but sadly I split from my other half forcing the sale. It's all about how much dosh you have to spend I guess, the more you have the more 'upmarket' perhaps?. I'd be more quaint and middle road now but I do believe if you offer perfection with what you've got and your guests go away recommending you that's all it takes to build a business from something small. Location is paramount too...like buying any property anywhere
It's just that the 'B&B' sector is different from what I've heard - I haven't stayed in one myself. But it could catch out the unwary. I would hate to see you lose what you've got.
Old May 2nd 2014, 12:42 am
Just Joined

I know, that's the worry...losing. My gut instinct is it's time to move on but it's making the right decisions at the right time. Thanks for your concern!
Old May 2nd 2014, 12:59 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Aren't B&Bs rather upmarket in the US?
We've only stayed in one in the US. It was not of the cheap and cheerful variety. The building was a restored "Victorian", with some age and character, but the breakfasts were multi-course gourmet meals. By the time we'd had breakfast I had no room for lunch, and not much appetite for dinner either!
Old May 2nd 2014, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute

possibly an E2 venture ????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.