Buying a business to get visa

Old Jul 17th 2017, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all
Default Buying a business to get visa

Hey all

Is there any one here who is able to tell me on the possibility of obtains a visa to allow me to buy a pool business and what would be deemed a correct amount of investment.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Aqua; Jul 17th 2017 at 2:55 am. Reason: Put it in the wrong context
Old Jul 17th 2017, 12:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a business to get visa

Originally Posted by Aqua
Is there any one here who is able to tell me on the possibility of obtains a visa to allow me to buy a pool business and what would be deemed a correct amount of investment.
You don't need a visa to buy a pool business... so you can invest whatever you want. However, if you want to buy a business so you can get a visa to live/work in the US - then a pool business is likely not the sort of investment you want to make. You don't say where the business is... it'll likely be easier in California or Florida... not so much in North Dakota.

Ian
Old Jul 17th 2017, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You don't need a visa to buy a pool business... so you can invest whatever you want. However, if you want to buy a business so you can get a visa to live/work in the US - then a pool business is likely not the sort of investment you want to make. You don't say where the business is... it'll likely be easier in California or Florida... not so much in North Dakota.

Ian
The title of the thread is Buying a business to get a visa
Old Jul 17th 2017, 4:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
The title of the thread is Buying a business to get a visa
It seems that English isn't his first language... and what he wrote in the subject isn't what he asked in the post. I responded to the question actually asked - and guessed the subject of the thread was written in reverse.

Ian
Old Jul 17th 2017, 5:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this in Florida?

Seem quite popular.

EB5 or E2
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Srack is an unknown quantity at this point

You can get e2 visa by investing in multiple options. I've done it in the restaurant business and it's quite easy
Old Jul 25th 2017, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all

Oh Ian, firstly English is my first language and secondly, by being rude all the time is not a sign of superiority! I guess you need to emphasize the sanctimonious P more
Old Jul 25th 2017, 6:00 pm
Account Closed

Emphasize?

You mean emphasise?
Old Jul 25th 2017, 6:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Ian, firstly English is my first language and secondly, by being rude all the time is not a sign of superiority! I guess you need to emphasize the sanctimonious P more
I don't see where Ian was rude to you on this thread? Whereas your response was tbh. If you re-read his response to you, you'll see that he was trying to help you. I'm not denying that he can be rude on occasion, but I don't think this is one of those times!

FWIW, I'd also always assumed that English wasn't your first language from your posts in the Canada forum, so I don't think his assumption was unreasonable.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 10:14 pm
Account Closed

... firstly English is my first language...
If you say so. Your first post in this thread was so poorly constructed, it was difficult to tell.

Ian
Old Jul 25th 2017, 11:20 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

OK so to re-rail the thread (is that a word? ), do you want to run a pool maintenance business and need a visa to do so, or do you want a visa to live in the US and think that a pool business might be the sort of business to support a visa?

Well an E-2 is a possibility, but bear in mind that you must be actively engaged in running the business, so no hiring a manager and relaxing by the pool. And there is no easy way from running a business on an E-2 to permanent residence - if the business fails or you sell it, you must leave the US. So unless you plan to work actively in the running of your business until the end of your days, the E-2 visa is not a good choice.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 11:40 pm
Account Closed

There must be a lot going for the Pool Business, a lot of people seem interested in going into it.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 9:05 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
There must be a lot going for the Pool Business, a lot of people seem interested in going into it.
yes - they can be very lucrative!

absolutely minimal/no training required. You could literally pick up a book and read it and be in business the next day.
There isn't too much stuff to buy in advance. A truck, a few tools and a couple of chemicals and you're off.

People in my neck of the woods pay about $200 a month ( for 12 months!) just for pool maintenance. 30 minutes a week per pool using normal stuff. They charge extra if anything goes wrong as well.

My pool went green when we first moved here and the guys wanted $500 to get it back to clear. I went online and learned how to do this and look after my own pool.

Good luck to him...
Old Jul 27th 2017, 1:59 pm
Account Closed

To be honest that does not sound very much to pay.
Old Jul 27th 2017, 2:03 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

We were quoted close to that for hot tub maintenance. Considerably smaller than a pool. We also watched YouTube videos, read about it and ordered the required products online and take care of it ourselves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.