Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

BritChickNY Results of Naturalization Intervew

BritChickNY Results of Naturalization Intervew

Old Sep 22nd 2008, 2:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BritChickNY Results of Naturalization Intervew

Originally Posted by britchicknyc
OK, so here is an update and I need advise:

I mailed everything off to the man I interviewed with.

Last week in the mail I received a letter saying my application for citizenship has been denied as I didn't provide the proof they ask for. The obviously never processed the extra information I sent them. They say I can appeal this decision by filling in a form they provided and a $600+ fee!!!! I am not paying that kind of money when they messed up!

What do I do now?

I have the name of the man I interviewed with, (as I sent him the info he asked for,) should I write him a letter, or just forget all about it?
I'd make an Infopass appointment and go in person. Take the name of the interviewer, and proof that you sent in the required information. Also bring a photocopy of whatever you sent. Hopefully they can straighten it out in person.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I'd make an Infopass appointment and go in person. Take the name of the interviewer, and proof that you sent in the required information. Also bring a photocopy of whatever you sent. Hopefully they can straighten it out in person.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Rene,

Thanks - I'll make an appointment. Now I didn't photocopy what I sent, but I have more of the same I could take with me, should I do that. Plus I can call and get another copy of all the tax transcripts.

I need to try and look for the mailing proof.... I was so upset they messed up like this!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 3:39 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britchicknyc
Rene,

Thanks - I'll make an appointment. Now I didn't photocopy what I sent, but I have more of the same I could take with me, should I do that. Plus I can call and get another copy of all the tax transcripts.

I need to try and look for the mailing proof.... I was so upset they messed up like this!
Yes, I would take what you have with you in person. Plus another copy of the tax transcripts. And I hope you can find the proof that you mailed it.

Good luck, keep us posted.
Rene
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, I would take what you have with you in person. Plus another copy of the tax transcripts. And I hope you can find the proof that you mailed it.

Good luck, keep us posted.
Rene
Thanks! I just ordered new tax transcripts.

What if I can't find proof that I mailed it? (I have a newborn, so life is a little mad right now!)

All should be ok, if I turn up to the appointment with all the proof though???